• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
Tait is quite good TBF.
At 20/20.

I'd hate to have him in the side (if I was Australian) tbh, 2/60 isn't acceptable. NZ would probably take the punt on him, but even so he's ruin all the good work Mills, Vettori, Oram and co. do at the other end. He's basically a faster Butler.

Though for a 155-160 bowler, his accuracy is actualy good. He'd be deadly if he operated in 140-155ks with a quicker ball up his sleeve.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was masterful when I watched him domestically. He's fast, he can swing it and he's so god damn fast, bowls at least two unplayable deliveries an over and the other four are pies that are moving extremely fast. An excellent strike bowler, will always leak runs but should always take wickets too.

When he's fully fit he is a handful.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
At 20/20.

I'd hate to have him in the side (if I was Australian) tbh, 2/60 isn't acceptable. NZ would probably take the punt on him, but even so he's ruin all the good work Mills, Vettori, Oram and co. do at the other end. He's basically a faster Butler.

Though for a 155-160 bowler, his accuracy is actualy good. He'd be deadly if he operated in 140-155ks with a quicker ball up his sleeve.
Cricinfo - Records - ICC World Cup, 2006/07 - Most wickets

Athlai

Not Terrible
Several good WC games doesn't make him good tbf. Even Butler has had good games.

I think he could be good, he's shown glimpses, but atm he's a liability imo.
Hardly just good in the WC though.

When he first played us in Melbourne he took 10-1-26-1.
Then in our first game against Aus after the WC took 10-0-59-3
and the next game 8-1-30-2

He's wayward but far less of a liability than you guys are making him out to be. He'd make NZ anyday.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heard it from TH irrc. :p

Actualy the ABC dudes would rather have Tait over Vettori because he takes more wickets.

I think they were trying to wind up Bryan Waddle though.
Nah, if it was K O'Keefe you were listening to, blokes a big fan of Vettori, but he never misses the opportunity to pay out on someone, no matter how good/bad a player they are.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, if it was K O'Keefe you were listening to, blokes a big fan of Vettori, but he never misses the opportunity to pay out on someone, no matter how good/bad a player they are.
O'Keefe does now rate Shakib higher than Vettori in terms of best left arm spinner in the world.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In test cricket he's probably got a case, shorter forms though Vettori is still clear.
Think that is what he meant. Just gun to hear a guy (an AUSTRALIAN too) who knows enough about the game to rate a little seen Bangladeshi talent correctly in the grand scheme of things.

Flem274*

123/5
Hardly just good in the WC though.

When he first played us in Melbourne he took 10-1-26-1.
Then in our first game against Aus after the WC took 10-0-59-3
and the next game 8-1-30-2

He's wayward but far less of a liability than you guys are making him out to be. He'd make NZ anyday.
Ok the WC plus three games against us. Would be interesting to see a career analysis though, from my (admittedly bad) memory he just hasn't been that good, and unless he gets better won't be a long term success.

And tbh if the selectors think the best we have includes Diamanti, I can't imagine it would be that dificult to make our bowling line up.

Bond and Tait in partnership would be interesting though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ok the WC plus three games against us. Would be interesting to see a career analysis though, from my (admittedly bad) memory he just hasn't been that good, and unless he gets better won't be a long term success.

And tbh if the selectors think the best we have includes Diamanti, I can't imagine it would be that dificult to make our bowling line up.

Bond and Tait in partnership would be interesting though.
Oh I used us as examples intentionally. He's done well against more than just us, did well against SA recently.

Flem274*

123/5
Think that is what he meant. Just gun to hear a guy (an AUSTRALIAN too) who knows enough about the game to rate a little seen Bangladeshi talent correctly in the grand scheme of things.
Susudear will be stoked.

Shakib just needs players around him. Still have big hopes for Tamim Iqbal.