• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Evermind

International Debutant
He always does look good. Then gets to 49 and prods outside off stump.
Well scoring 49 is sure as hell better than what about 90% of test batsmen usually score, eh? I'd take a batsman who scored 49 every innings any day in my team.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well scoring 49 is sure as hell better than what about 90% of test batsmen usually score, eh? I'd take a batsman who scored 49 every innings any day in my team.
Then there's the slew of single figure scores to boot. I'm not having this argument as it will get me angry and I need to meet a parent in about 5 minutes...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd take a batsman with good potential to score much more than 49 over a batsman who's guaranteed to give 49 and nothing more.

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Surely there isn't much between Benn and Ryan Hinds as spin bowlers ? Where as the difference in batting obviously speaks for itself. Can't understand him not being in that side.
I would agree, I'd prefer Hinds to Benn... infact I'd prefer Wavell Hinds but that won't happen :thumbdown

Chubb

International Regular
SA.. Annoying, I can pick up NZ stuff, just wondering if there was an equivalent broadcaster in the WI
I remember I listened to an England A series in the Windies using Antigua and Barbuda radio, don't know if you could access that. I'd like to get ABC radio personally, but they have the same rules as the BBC. Managed to get the NZ series through Radiosport though because they are commercial, same as you did I guess.

Evermind

International Debutant
Then there's the slew of single figure scores to boot. I'm not having this argument as it will get me angry and I need to meet a parent in about 5 minutes...
Hahaha fair enough. Are you a teacher? It's an awfully tough job.

Anyway I just noticed that Bell's and Cook's averages and history are pretty similar.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS Cook, what was that about, Bell's scoring fluently at the other end, no reason to play that shot:@

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That's one of the worst shots I've seen in the last five years. Yikes.

Hopefully that gives Powell some confidence! C'mon sonnnn

pskov

International 12th Man
It's slowly dawning on me that I really should've put some money on Pietersen to score a century in this match.

Well with running like that then maybe not!