• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Precambrian
If you want to run around telling people what to do, I'd advise that you'd start to behave more appropriately and stop posting to get a reaction out of people. Seeing as you have never displayed an interest in doing that, it'd be in everybody's interest if you stopped telling other members how to post.

MendisNuffSaid
You're time here is limited. I'd recommend that you refrain from posting about New Zealand, if all you have to say about them are inciteful comments.

Lets clean it up a bit around here, people.
Yeah, I've got both of these guys on ignore but people seem to get a rise out of every single bit of spam they post and quote them, meaning I get to see 90% of their posts anyway. Is there a point to the ignore function if we can't around this?

Precambrian

Banned
have you got a quote on that one?

If the T20 WC is after the IPL tournament, then perhaps CA would be right to want our players to get good T20 experience under their belts.
By playing the IPL instead of ODIs? In other words, saving up stamina by opting out of International matches to play in seemingly practise T20s to prepare for T20 WC? Whom are you kidding?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, I've got both of these guys on ignore but people seem to get a rise out of every single bit of spam they post and quote them, meaning I get to see 90% of their posts anyway. Is there a point to the ignore function if we can't around this?
Nah, pretty sure that nothing can be done to change that.

Precambrian

Banned
How many meaningful posts has the guy made in the forums in the last few weeks, except having a go at me every now and then with a "AWTA" or a ":laugh:" at someone else's comments? Yet no action against him for baiting me out? Which I am trying hard not to fall for since I don't really care?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ponting in his time opted for rest in must win ODIs for Australia, and yet wants to play the full IPL.
He didn't opt for the rest. The selectors rested him. And timing ones rest isn't as straightforward as that. As an analogy, imagine a bowler whos playing with a niggle. Would you rest him him two months later when the niggle has progressed into a full blown major injury, or would you rest him right now so that it heals quickly and benefits both him and the team? If a player is mentally not right there, it makes sense to rest him right now rather than burden him even more and rest him later when it might be too late. The SA series is important to Australia, and they'd want their captain well and rested in time for that.

Redbacks

International Captain
By playing the IPL instead of ODIs? In other words, saving up stamina by opting out of International matches to play in seemingly practise T20s to prepare for T20 WC? Whom are you kidding?
From what I see there will be two ODI's left in the SA series (13th and 17th) when the IPL starts on the 10th of April. Logically the Australian players will stay till the 17th then head over to India. Looks like a tight schedule to me. Return from idealism to realism, he's got a contract and he will play in the IPL, we don't want our players burnt out come ashes time or missing through injury when they could have had a rest.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Precambrian, no matter how objective we as moderators are, getting on our bad side by debating warnings, whinging about supposed double standards and trying to impose your own moderation opinions on us is never going to be a good idea. If nothing else, it makes it look even more like you're here to start arguments and challenge authority than discuss cricket. If you get a warning (even if you disagree with it) you should take it on board, as your opinion will not win out in the end.

I'll admit that I actually really like you as a poster when you're not sprouting conspiracy theories about people being anti-India or whatever: your posts that are actually about cricket are usually quite a joy to read. Make more of those.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
He didn't opt for the rest. The selectors rested him. And timing ones rest isn't as straightforward as that. As an analogy, imagine a bowler whos playing with a niggle. Would you rest him him two months later when the niggle has progressed into a full blown major injury, or would you rest him right now so that it heals quickly and benefits both him and the team? If a player is mentally not right there, it makes sense to rest him right now rather than burden him even more and rest him later when it might be too late. The SA series is important to Australia, and they'd want their captain well and rested in time for that.
Then he should have been rested for the whole series to avoid such allegations altogether, right? It makes no sense to rest your captain when your team is trailing 1-0 in an ODI series, and has been defeated 4 times out of 4 last games. What message does that send to other teammates? That ODIs are really not necessary as a benchmark of performances?? How will that exactly add to the motivatin levels?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Susucambrian, no matter how objective we as moderators are, getting on our bad side by debating warnings, whinging about supposed double standards and trying to impose your own moderation opinions on us is never going to be a good idea. If nothing else, it makes it look even more like you're here to start arguments and challenge authority than discuss cricket. If you get a warning (even if you disagree with it) you should take it on board, as your opinion will not win out in the end.

I'll admit that I actually really like you as a poster when you're not sprouting conspiracy theories about people being anti-India or whatever: your posts that are actually about cricket are usually quite good to read. Make more of those.
AWTA Princey knows his stuff

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Then he should have been rested for the whole series to avoid such allegations altogether, right? It makes no sense to rest your captain when your team is trailing 1-0 in an ODI series, and has been defeated 4 times out of 4 last games. What message does that send to other teammates? That ODIs are really not necessary as a benchmark of performances?? How will that exactly add to the motivatin levels?
Why should he have been rested for the entire series? CA is there to look after their players, not to make gestures for the sole purpose of preventing baseless allegations from people with an agenda. Thats like saying Dhoni shouldn't have been apppointed captain midway through a test series or Kumble shouldn't have distracted his teammates by announcing his retirement mid series.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Precambrian, no matter how objective we as moderators are, getting on our bad side by debating warnings, whinging about supposed double standards and trying to impose your own moderation opinions on us is never going to be a good idea. If nothing else, it makes it look even more like you're here to start arguments and challenge authority than discuss cricket. If you get a warning (even if you disagree with it) you should take it on board, as your opinion will not win out in the end.

I'll admit that I actually really like you as a poster when you're not sprouting conspiracy theories about people being anti-India or whatever: your posts that are actually about cricket are usually quite a joy to read. Make more of those.
^ Nailed it. Listen to this guy.

Precambrian

Banned

Finally a very sane post exactly demarcating where I went wrong. Thanks PEWS>

Please note that I never try to stir up a debate, nor am I trying to be the CW rebel here. But almost always am forced into such posts, often to defend my views and sometimes posters who share my own.

And I never have tried to impost my decisions on other people, and if ever I have, it was unintentional. Posters like Duffer, whom I have never seen actually contributing anything insightful in the CW Cricket Chat forums try to dispense his views about me in virtually every thread I post, as if he finds some satisfaction in getting a negative reaction about me (See how even a good mod like Vic_orthodx was forced to reply to a post of his).

There are many posters who display admirable restraint and class in their posts, and you will never find me even hinting at trying to pep them or sledge them. Never. But when posters deliberately try to have a go at a particular team or country's expense I am forced to do the same too.

Anyway sorry for such a long post. Just wanted to clear it up sooner than later. Please do mail me at my email ID if you want to get more clarification.

Precambrian

Banned
Why should he have been rested for the entire series? CA is there to look after their players, not to make gestures for the sole purpose of preventing baseless allegations from people with an agenda. Thats like saying Dhoni shouldn't have been apppointed captain midway through a test series or Kumble shouldn't have distracted his teammates by announcing his retirement mid series.
Not even comparable. What benefit is there in playing your best ODI player for one match and then resting more than resting him for the entire series?