• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

J.P. Duminy Opinions & Predictions

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
duminy is a joy to watch.i like batsmen who can adapt to the situation and play the game and shots required and dumniy is right now one of the best at that.

el bonehead

Cricket Spectator
I think that Duminy has a bright future ahead of him and seems to have the skill and temprament to become a world class batsman, however, i don't believe he will be a great, as even though he has a very innovative style of batting, particularly the flick he uses to smack the ball to long leg, he just doesnt look like a batsmen who can cope against bowling in the sub continent, as he seems uneasy against swing.
Saying this he looks like a destructive batsmen and could potentially be a very good ODI batsmen, especially when batting at the end of the innings with the tail

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
I think that Duminy has a bright future ahead of him and seems to have the skill and temprament to become a world class batsman, however, i don't believe he will be a great, as even though he has a very innovative style of batting, particularly the flick he uses to smack the ball to long leg, he just doesnt look like a batsmen who can cope against bowling in the sub continent, as he seems uneasy against swing.
Saying this he looks like a destructive batsmen and could potentially be a very good ODI batsmen, especially when batting at the end of the innings with the tail
in subcontinent? he will be a handful as the tracks are dead.duminy has good temperament
but he is not a free flowing batsman i mean he lacks that elegance ,I have to see him in
southafrica till i regard him as a potential star of the future.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
in subcontinent? he will be a handful as the tracks are dead.duminy has good temperament
but he is not a free flowing batsman i mean he lacks that elegance ,I have to see him in
southafrica till i regard him as a potential star of the future.
Good one, not as good as the post where you said Dale Steyn was cack and wouldn't take a wicket in Australia but a good one nevertheless. :)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good job the ball hardly swings there then...

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Good one, not as good as the post where you said Dale Steyn was cack and wouldn't take a wicket in Australia but a good one nevertheless. :)
i had thought he would have had problems bowling to aussie lefthanders watching him
bowl to lefthanders in england and india ,but he bowled well at mcg to pick that 10 wicket hall.

Precambrian

Banned
Yeah I do remember that. Was croaking out something terribly ordinary about Steyn wasn't he?

@ (Self titled) Cricket god,
Duminy looks elegant and there is nothing to suggest in his game that he cannot be a good player in the subcontinent. To start with, his backlift is NOT Yuvrajesque which gives him greater time to negotiate the spin and bounce. Secondly his balance has improved a lot from the first time I saw him. So let;s give him a chance to really see before spewing out such comments.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
It might be my natural anxiety speaking, but my feelings are that the Saffies are up s*** creek if their top order fails. That's not something you can say for Australia, which doesn't even seem to have a tail.
TBF, top order failed horribly in Melbourne. I'll call that a one-off, since it was a freakish 3rd day.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not elegant?! :blink:

JP Duminy's the most promising new batsman to international cricket I've seen since i started following it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rate him highly, and have done for a while now. He's got a pretty good FC record for such a young bloke and was up there with van Jaarsveld and co dominating provincial cricket. Have to say though, I'm surprised at the level of success he's had, especially in limited overs cricket. This tour of Australia will go down in cricketing folklore IMO, with the deeds of Smith, de Villiers and Duminy becoming near-legendary in the future.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Yeah I do remember that. Was croaking out something terribly ordinary about Steyn wasn't he?

@ (Self titled) Cricket god,
Duminy looks elegant and there is nothing to suggest in his game that he cannot be a good player in the subcontinent. To start with, his backlift is NOT Yuvrajesque which gives him greater time to negotiate the spin and bounce. Secondly his balance has improved a lot from the first time I saw him. So let;s give him a chance to really see before spewing out such comments.

steyn had a good series but by no means outstanding series as some were prediciting
here and i still have my doubts on him.

duminy does not have the free flow which strokemakers mostly have.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
steyn had a good series but by no means outstanding series as some were prediciting

I thought it was an outstanding return considering the wickets he played on and he was carrying an injury throughout the series. Not many overseas fast bowlers have toured Aus in recent times and comeback with such good figures.

Also, I must be watching a different JP from you but he was as free-flowing as they come during the ODI and 20/20 series.

Precambrian

Banned

Sorry but that is a load of crap.

Steyn took the most number of wickets at the best average among the bowlers. And Aussie wickets in Australia have not come cheaper than that in the last decade or so. 26 is a bad average? You got to be kidding. But hey, you've been always doing that here.

I don;t care whether Duminy pleases the eyes of everyone around him or not. For me he does, and I don't care how he scores, as long as he scores well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sorry but that is a load of crap.

Steyn took the most number of wickets at the best average among the bowlers. And Aussie wickets in Australia have not come cheaper than that in the last decade or so. 26 is a bad average? You got to be kidding. But hey, you've been always doing that here.
Haha Steyn 18 @ 26.16
Pathan 8 @ 28.62
O'Briiliant 7 @ 30.42
Kumble 20 @ 34.45

Best bowlers in Australia in the last 3 years.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
An outstanding talent, and Im gonna predict he'll break 10,000 runs in both forms of the game and end up averaging over 50 in tests.