• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Precambrian

Banned
Well Lara had the most gorgeous cover drive but he's retired.

Who would you suggest has a better one (for a RHB) than Ponting or (for a LHB) Hussey?
VVS Laxman, Rohit Sharma, Sachin Tendulkar, Micheal Vaughan, - Just to reel off my head.

As to lefties, Sanga, Yuvraj Singh, J P Duminy etc.

Ponting has a signature shot which is his effortless pull. Never seen anyone pull sixes with such ease.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
VVS Laxman, Rohit Sharma, Sachin Tendulkar, Micheal Vaughan, - Just to reel off my head.

As to lefties, Sanga, Yuvraj Singh, J P Duminy etc.

Ponting has a signature shot which is his effortless pull. Never seen anyone pull sixes with such ease.
I would disagree about Rohit. His cover drives are good, but Ponting's are better IMO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well Lara had the most gorgeous cover drive but he's retired.

Who would you suggest has a better one (for a RHB) than Ponting or (for a LHB) Hussey?
I don't rate Hussey's in terms of "***y cover drivers" too highly at all tbh.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alright I guess I exaggerated just a little with the Ponting remark.

Noone has said anything that has even remotely changed my mind about Hussey's cover drive though. Could watch that shot all day.

Precambrian

Banned
I would disagree about Rohit. His cover drives are good, but Ponting's are better IMO.
He might not be a patch on Ponting's ability to score runs, however he is so pleasing when he cover drives. Silken stuff and has loads of grace than Ponting.

Precambrian

Banned
Sensible batting this from the captain and the rookie. Their first target should be to get to 20 overs together at around 5.5 rpo. Eminently achievable.