• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

sammy2

Banned
Yeah, so's Flintoff.
He bowls at a decent line and lenght. Accurate bowler, but im sure I rememver gayle and fletcher putting on a Hundred runs opening partnership to win 20 millions last year ? He is just outside off, he lives there, predictable and playable. I can't wait for him to meet chanderpaul. He honestly looked amazed when gayle was hitting him all over.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He bowls at a decent line and lenght. Accurate bowler, but im sure I rememver gayle and fletcher putting on a Hundred runs opening partnership to win 20 millions last year ? He is just outside off, he lives there, predictable and playable. I can't wait for him to meet chanderpaul. He honestly looked amazed when gayle was hitting him all over.
Ever watched Freddie bowl?

YouTube - Great Over From Flintoff against Kallis.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Na mate Flintoff is phenomenal.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Oh dear.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I don't believe I've seen Anderson reverse the ball,
If you can find the footage that SSN had of the second day...his second wicket the LBW the ball reverses back in a lot, only caught it once mind. The report i read reckoned that was about the 5th LBW appeal against the same guy in quick succession. Would be a great extra weapon for him if he can start to use it more than once in a blue moon.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The point about him is that he can either be indescribably good or largely ineffective depending on conditions, which makes it a bit difficult to compare him with players like Taylor or Edwards.
Edwards is in similar boat though. If the ball swings he can be deadly, but has been largely ineffective without any assistance. He's improved a lot over the past year though, which could either be a genuine improvement or a purple patch. We shall see.

Worth noting that if it was just a purple patch, it was a pretty average one.
It was indeed competitive, a lot due to the fact that Chanders batted like a demi-God. The WI batting almost completely relies upon Chanderpaul to the point where if he has a bad series, which hes been due for a while, I'd be really worried.
Indeed. Especially in ODIs. In Tests there's a bit more support, but in ODIs it literally is just Gayle and Chanders these days. Sarwan, usually reliable in ODIs, just doesn't look up for it half the time.

sammy2

Banned
Darren Powell is Sammy2 obv.:p
Daren Powell is predicting a 3-0 Test series win by the West Indies over England and is anxious to play his part in a big way to ensure that the prediction isn't mere idle talk.

"I am definitely looking for a 3-0 series win over England in the Test series and we are going to beat them also in the one-day series," Powell told the Observer in an interview yesterday.

"They (England) made some comments about us after our last tour of England, following our success in the One-Day series, that they could not wait to return to the Caribbean. I am fit and ready to go and I know that my teammates are anxious to prove that we are good enough to beat them," Powell said.

The former St Elizabeth Technical High School (STETHS) student who bowled off-spin and batted up the order while attending school, before switching to bowling fast upon his arrival in Kingston for Senior Cup cricket duties with Kensington Cricket Club, has outlined some individual goals for the upcoming series of four Tests, five One-Day internationals and a 20/20 match.

"I want to improve my game even further and get more wickets," said the man whose 32 Tests have yielded him 79 wickets at 46.22 runs apiece. He has also taken 70 wickets from 54 One-Day internationals.

"I would like to see the West Indies continue to improve their form coming off the tour of New Zealand and stay as focused as we were as a team," he said.

The togetherness of the team in New Zealand, Powell said, contributed in large measure to a favourable tour in which they drew the two Test matches to maintain their world No 7 ranking over the host country, while narrowly losing the One-Day international series.

"Unity was responsible for the team's success in New Zealand. The guys are working better as a unit and fully understand their roles.

"Brendan Nash, for example, has shown that he is capable of performing at the highest level and together with (Shivnarine) Chanderpaul they showed the discipline to hold the middle order together.

"It was cold in New Zealand at the time of the first Test, but conditions improved after that, like Caribbean conditions. I remember (captain) Chris Gayle telling us before the first Test that we should ignore the cold weather and go out there and represent the region proudly and the team responded well," Powell said.

The 30-year-old who was credited with bowling the fastest ball of the New Zealand tour by any team, said his bowling fast depends on the conditions and the needs of the team, but he is committed to doing whatever the team needs.

"I have more confidence in what I do now. It is up to me to go back to the nets and sharpen up for the challenges ahead," Powell said.

Powell, a native of Stanmore in St Elizabeth, has also represented South African club Gauteng, English county team Hampshire, captained then by the legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne, and the Stanford Superstars who won US$1 million per man in the US$20-million match last November in Antigua

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Daren Powell's test career is likely to be over after the Jamaica test, so I would be more worried about that if I was him. 3-0, you don’t even have to put that on the dressing room wall, you just ****ing laugh at it.

FBU

International Debutant
Team for the match tomorrow - Flintoff having extra time to recover and if Sidebottom comes through alright he will play in the 1st Test.

Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Shah
Collingwood
Prior
Swann
Sidebottom
Harmison
Anderson