• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to 606:

251 all out

Harmy 13 overs 1 maiden 67 runs 1 wk
Jimmy 12 overs 2 maidens 48 runs 2 wkts
Broad 10 overs 5 maidens 26 runs 2 wkts
Monty 17.3 53 runs 4 wkts
Rashid 10 overs 1 maiden 45 runs 1 wkt

Panesar got the last 3 wickets, so same performance from him with the results varying according to how dire the opposition is.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Monty's such a pro at cleaning up the tail. WAG. Could have made all the difference for SA or Australia this Oz summer.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
One must question the value of playing against such evidently weak opposition.
We are playing WI A in a proper game later this week. Plus i think the only FC team not playing in this weeks games were Guyana and they've hardly shown much ability this season so far.

Uppercut

It's good to get acclimatised. Two warm-up games, only one of which is against a decent team, is definitely better than one warm-up game against a decent team.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
According to 606:

251 all out

Harmy 13 overs 1 maiden 67 runs 1 wk
Jimmy 12 overs 2 maidens 48 runs 2 wkts
Broad 10 overs 5 maidens 26 runs 2 wkts
Monty 17.3 53 runs 4 wkts
Rashid 10 overs 1 maiden 45 runs 1 wkt

Panesar got the last 3 wickets, so same performance from him with the results varying according to how dire the opposition is.
Expensive stuff from everyone except Broad & Panesar.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
118-0 at COP, interesting to see what happens in the morning. Would much prefer us to make sure we have another decent bowl but its England so probably see us batting to at least mid afternoon and whats the betting Bell will get an 'attractive' 50 and secure his spot. Can't see Pietersen batting again but i guess Prior might want another knock.

Mr Mxyzptlk

We are playing WI A in a proper game later this week. Plus i think the only FC team not playing in this weeks games were Guyana and they've hardly shown much ability this season so far.
SM Jeffers
K Arjune
LR Johnson
NO Deonarine
TM Dowlin (c)
SSJ Brooks
G Mohammed (wk)
EA Crandon
D Bishoo
JO Dawes
AD Russell

A better XI IMO. Possibly calling Dillon into the mix for Crandon.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed if Fred was out, it would only take an injury to KP for the West Indies then to become mildly competitive.
Well, I was more worried that the injury may turn out to be a long term one, we really should beat the Windies without Freddie, to be fair :unsure:

Uppercut

Shah, who hit an unbeaten 125 on the opening day of the tour, sported an eyepatch yesterday after initial examination but was batting again as England's fringe players filled the practice areas at Warner Park.
That's so awesome. I really hope it's pirate-style.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Indeed if Fred was out, it would only take an injury to KP for the West Indies then to become mildly competitive.
That's a bit harsh. West Indies were quite competitive against Australia last year.
Fair enough that West Indies very likely won't win a Test, but it's harsh to suggest that they can't compete with England once Flintoff and Pietersen are there.

Uppercut

That's a bit harsh. West Indies were quite competitive against Australia last year.
Fair enough that West Indies very likely won't win a Test, but it's harsh to suggest that they can't compete with England once Flintoff and Pietersen are there.
Depends how you define "competitive" i guess.

Woodster

International Captain
I agree, I think WI can compete with England in this series. Seen most of their Tests in the recent series they've played and I do think there is a gradual improvement as time passes. Chanderpaul will no doubt give England problems, with handy support roles for Gayle and Sarwan. Jerome Taylor gets better, and Fidel can be a handful. England have to play well in this series to get a positive result.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Match ends in a win...Monty getting another 3 easy wickets, all the others got at least a wicket each.

Now on to the more testing stuff, should be this side against WI A

Strauss
Cook
Shah/Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Shah/Bell
Prior
Swann
Sidebottom
Anderson
Harmison

Doubt Monty will miss out but really Swann should definately play and that means Monty should miss because we can't play 2 seamers or have the tail start at 7

Jigga988

State 12th Man
I'm not exactly expecting miracles, maybe if Hinds/Richards/Smith would score runs and if Bravo was back for Marshall and if Jaggernauth produced some spinning miracles I would say we'd have a competitive series. We are just two or three players away but for the first couple tests cant see us doing much, despite some decent previous series'.