• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Woodster

International Captain
Owais Shah will get the chance to show what he can do in the Tour opener against St Kitts today. Expected that he'll come in at 5, and pretty much be in direct competition with Ian Bell who will keep his place at 3. Still a fan of Ian Bell and keeping my fingers crossed that he shows a hunger for big runs on this tour, and learns they don't always have to be pretty runs. No harm in a bit of healthy competition with Shah who deserves to get a chance to impress.

Woodster

International Captain
Glad to see an eleven vs eleven game, gives the feel of a more serious game when this format is chosen.

With both Rashid and Panesar turning the ball the same way, wonder if it's a shoot out between these two as to who may partner Swann if two spinners are selected at one of the venues.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shame there is only hourly updates.

Hope Bell fails and Shah does the business even though I don't rate him that highly and don't think he is England's answer to number 3 (Vaughan for the Ashes...).

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, its hardly difficult to update a score. Shame none of the St Kitts radio stations are covering it. Hopefully should be radio for the WI A game

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's what Cricinfo has. Both Cook & Bell falling to Aikito Willett, a 20-year-old leg spinner with as much FC experience as me.

Woodster

International Captain
Partnership of 96 between Cook and Bell pretty useful. No big score for either however.
KP off the mark typically with a slog swept 6! Over to Shah to see what he can do.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
KP and Shah going along pretty quick after lunch. KP taking to Willett, moved to 48 already

Got his 50 now...171-3

Gee i wish i had Tim Abrahams' job

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Does this match have First Class status?
No, even though its an 11 a side, St Kitts & Nevis aren't a FC side.

and uppercut apparently its on the local radio over there but they don't have an internet feed so some guy who is listening to it on the radio is posting updates on another forum. Probably shouldn't give the address but there are links to it on 606 and Caribbean Cricket.

302-5 at tea btw with Shah on 80*

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks man. Good to see Shah taking his chance- hopefully he replaces Bell-end for the first test.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
371-7

not sure whether they'll want to give the bowlers a go today or whether they'll try and bat through and declare overnight. Would have though Strauss might be interested in getting another bat (there should be a few others as well...bell/flintoff/prior) so they might be better served by declaring now, given that Shah already has a ton and Harmison is out there with him (still think Jimmy should be in before Harmison)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff injured (either a thigh or side strain depending on who you believe) out of the rest of the game...leaves England with 2 seamer for the game...wonder whether Strauss will renage on the 11 a side thing.

Harmy past 50...England 411/7