• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England should be able to bowl out that St. Kitts and Nevis side with one seamer and half a Pietersen, tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Flintoff injured (either a thigh or side strain depending on who you believe) out of the rest of the game...leaves England with 2 seamer for the game...wonder whether Strauss will renage on the 11 a side thing.

Harmy past 50...England 411/7
Great 8-)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, wouldn't mind seeing the Pietersen dismissal as according to that report he just walked down the wicket and left the ball but cricinfo are reporting that Pietersen was 'deceived by a wide one'

pskov

International 12th Man
Haha, wouldn't mind seeing the Pietersen dismissal as according to that report he just walked down the wicket and left the ball but cricinfo are reporting that Pietersen was 'deceived by a wide one'
Just seen it on Sky Sports News. He had obviously premeditated to come down the pitch, but the ball barely pitched on the strip and he was stumped by a neat piece of wicketkeeping.

pskov

International 12th Man
Pietersen and Shah getting runs is good news, but the value of that is somewhat diminished by the fact Harmy also hit 58. :laugh:

Uppercut

Pietersen and Shah getting runs is good news, but the value of that is somewhat diminished by the fact Harmy also hit 58. :laugh:
Thereby demonstrating the value of Ian Bell's 36, and hence his use to the team.

Stuart Broad is being allowed to replace Freddie for the remainder of the match.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
We really need Flintoff to have some decent fitness this year. Though I'm worried, I'm not sure how his body can hold up through this heavy workload until September.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given he was fit enough to play in the first place how has he managed to pick up that sort of injury in the course of a day spent, in the main presumably, with his feet up in the pavilion?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Given he was fit enough to play in the first place how has he managed to pick up that sort of injury in the course of a day spent, in the main presumably, with his feet up in the pavilion?
No idea. Anyway, will be totally pissed off with him if he goes in the IPL auction. He should be worrying about staying fit for England first. He's the last person who needs the money.

Uppercut

Maybe he just felt a niggle when he was taking a piss and doesn't want to risk a reoccurance.

It happens to my right arm sometimes. I injured it playing rugby two years back and now once in a while I'll turn round too quickly and put it out of commision for a few days.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently 94-3 at lunch. Harmison and Monty being fairly economical and taking a wicket each. Broad being a bit more expensive and taking a wicket. Anderson merely being very expensive.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
159/7 from Sky sports, think they said broad has 2 wickets as well..they showed the first 3 wickets, Harmison had some guy caught behind (actually an ok catch by prior despite the fact he should have left it to first slip) Monty has some guy caught at short midwicket and Broad got one caught at a slighty deepish point

stumpski

International Captain
At least Fred made it out into the middle. The England under-19 wicket-keeper was listed as 'absent injured' in the first innings of their current match against a combined universities side. I wonder what he did, fall over in the changing-room?

And does anyone know who's providing the snippets of film that are turning up on BBC News 24? It's not being shown on any UK-based channel as far as I know.