• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That was a brilliant last over. Windies will have to be a bit disappointed not to have made 300.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another great ball from Gillespie. He's bowled well since that awful first spell.
He always seems to bowl much better in his second spell of a match...

I wonder how much difference the late momentum shift will make.

Days of Grace

International Captain
That's the trouble with Gillespie. He usually goes the distance if he opens the bowling. We should have opened with Southee and Mills and left Gillespie to bowl during the middle overs and of course at the death.

sammy2

Banned
Did you even congratulate gayle and chanderpaul for playing two innings no NZ batsman would be able to play ?

I'm happy with the score, it seems like you are aswell, I hope the bowlers do alot better than the NZ bowlers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hope all the NZ feel happy about having to make 294 to win. Good luck.
We chased 320 to tie with England at the same ground last year. Won't be easy, but 290 at McLean is probably worth about 250 at any other ground in the country.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Wow, did Gillespie just bowl that over?
Did NZ just limit WI in the death overs? :huh:

Should be a good chase. I only saw the last 2 overs, but I can't help but feel that WI came up short on another ripper of a pitch.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
One of the best partnerships i've seen in ODI cricket for awhile between Gayle and Chanderpaul...the pressure to stay out there and set up a big total was pretty big, and they did it.

However, 293 is very gettable in Napier being a small ground and a flat pitch. Kieron Pollard was clearing the rope hitting the ball off the top of his bat..that pretty much sums it up.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, that was phenomenal from Gayle and Chanderpaul.

I hope we can win, and I'm optimistic, but regardless of what happens I'll remember this game for that partnership between two great players. Particularly Gayle's ****ing massive six of Gillespie, and Chanderpaul's reverse sweeping.

Our top four really need to fire.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Did you even congratulate gayle and chanderpaul for playing two innings no NZ batsman would be able to play ?

I'm happy with the score, it seems like you are aswell, I hope the bowlers do alot better than the NZ bowlers.
Yet again, you don't really know much about anything. But I suppose when your role in life is trolling, then that doesn't matter.

Most knowledgable cricket watchers would know that NZ is more comfortable chasing a score around 300 than it is chasing a score of 220ish.

Haha, I love how you act like nobody appreciates the innings of Gayle and Chanders in the same sentence as you rubbish the NZ batsman. I doubt anybody on this forum would be rubbishing Gayle and Chanders innings, we aren't all trolls like you.

Maybe you should look back at the scorecard from last year at Napier, maybe you should look at the top 2nd innings chases in the history of ODI cricket.

Yes, runs on the board are good, but this game is definitely not over, and should be a real cracker.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
One of the best partnerships i've seen in ODI cricket for awhile between Gayle and Chanderpaul...the pressure to stay out there and set up a big total was pretty big, and they did it.

However, 293 is very gettable in Napier being a small ground and a flat pitch. Kieron Pollard was clearing the rope hitting the ball off the top of his bat..that pretty much sums it up.
Underestimating the power of Pollard there you are.