• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha that was ****ing awesome.

I only saw Guptill from about 70onwards but he was gun. Taylor was superb and Broom showed a lot of potential.

Guptill
McCullum
Ryder
Taylor
Broom
Oram

How's that?

Athlai

Not Terrible
On a side note Edwards was soooo good, a shame his keeper let him down and lady luck wasn't with him. Can't believe he finished with figures of 1 for 65 considering how well he bowled.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Oram's out of the last game though isn't he?

I imagine they'll take a squad of 13 to Australia at the end of this month.

Vettori, McCullum, Taylor, Guptill, Ryder, Oram, Broom, Southee, Mills, Patel, Flynn, Gillespie and Elliott.

Still not convinced about Gillespie but nobody else is screaming for selection in the pace bowling stakes right now...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oram's out of the last game though isn't he?

I imagine they'll take a squad of 13 to Australia at the end of this month.

Vettori, McCullum, Taylor, Guptill, Ryder, Oram, Broom, Southee, Mills, Patel, Flynn, Gillespie and Elliott.

Still not convinced about Gillespie but nobody else is screaming for selection in the pace bowling stakes right now...
I'd rather give O'Brien or Martin a go at ODI bowling than Gillespie and as for Oram being out? Yeah that I feel would just be a kick ass lineup. :cool:

I think Flynn shouldn't play at 5, 3 is really his position, perhaps Ryder at 5 in the long term? Or no Flynn at all maybe.

JBH001

International Regular
It would be difficult to drop Guptil after this knock. It was very good.

I would rather Ryder return and open with Guptil with McCullum dropping down to the middle order. If Fynn is to continue playing, and I think he may turn into a decent ODI batsman, then it should be at 3. Some time in the ODI team may also help his scoring in tests (although I think he does have the shots for both forms of the game).

Anyway, I would prefer the following:

1. Guptil
2. Ryder
3. Flynn
4. Taylor
5. McCullum
6. Broom
7. Elliott.
8. Vettori
9. Mills.

and two more out of Southee, O'Brien, Martin, Patel etc.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It would be difficult to drop Guptil after this knock. It was very good.

I would rather Ryder return and open with Guptil with McCullum dropping down to the middle order. If Fynn is to continue playing, and I think he may turn into a decent ODI batsman, then it should be at 3. Some time in the ODI team may also help his scoring in tests (although I think he does have the shots for both forms of the game).

Anyway, I would prefer the following:

1. Guptil
2. Ryder
3. Flynn
4. Taylor
5. McCullum
6. Broom
7. Elliott.
8. Vettori
9. Mills.

and two more out of Southee, O'Brien, Martin, Patel etc.
Jeets clearly. :cool:

JBH001

International Regular
Although that said, some of the mugginess has gone and it does feel cooler and a bit more like rain. Skies are still mostly whitish though.

Edit/ Scratch that. Getting greyer and darker and feeling more like rain. May have to leave uni early to avoid possible rain.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
My point about Guptil is that I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting out for low scores soon. Wasn't too impressed. Shall see if I'm proven wrong but predicting not a good career.

Athlai

Not Terrible
My point about Guptil is that I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting out for low scores soon. Wasn't too impressed. Shall see if I'm proven wrong but predicting not a good career.
You know he's 22 and this is his debut right? He only debuted 3 years ago in List A cricket. :wacko:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Maybe I'm being biased. Maybe not. No idea ATM. Great innings in terms of capitalising on the luck he got. Just didn't look anything special. Probably a rush judgement though TBF.

Days of Grace

International Captain

Yet if he was wearing an Australian jumper you'd say he was the next world beater 8-)

Can't we be happy that we have a century from a New Zealander on debut FFS?

btw, gun side that was back in 1999/2000. Styris batting at 10 and Vettori at 11 :laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Maybe I'm being biased. Maybe not. No idea ATM. Great innings in terms of capitalising on the luck he got. Just didn't look anything special. Probably a rush judgement though TBF.
Yeah it isn't like we're declaring him Bradman or anything but certainly a good opening prospect in years to come.