• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love edwards' speed.
Edwards has bowled well in this spell, getting some nice reverse swing. Poor option from that from Taylor though, he should've just been looking to push Edwards around at that stage of the over, they'd already taken 9 or so off it & he's clearly the most threatening of the bowlers.

sammy2

Banned
Edwards has bowled well in this spell, getting some nice reverse swing. Poor option from that from Taylor though, he should've just been looking to push Edwards around at that stage of the over, they'd already taken 9 or so off it & he's clearly the most threatening of the bowlers.
Yeah, Id must be happier to see edward get him with one of those 150K yorkers.

Zinzan

That was some shot by Broom :-O Where the hell did that come from, I was just thinking he was struggling to hit the ball off the square

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he did get dropped about 3 or 4 times by some pretty ordinary fielding. That's not his fault. He played on and ended up with a not out century.

As for Sinclair...well...your time is well and truly up.

Uppercut

Luckiest century ever.
Haha, harsh. For a while not long ago i thought Dale Steyn was going to have that one down for life, along with worst batsman ever to make one. I think it's fair to give Guptill some credit here, batting conditions were really difficult early on and he needed a bit of luck to get through it but since about the 15th over you couldn't have asked for more.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Broom deserves a bit of credit too coming in with 5 overs to go. I was a bit worried looking down the order to see Flynn, Broom and Elliott coming in during the final stages but Broom has shown he's got the power and skill to score quickly.

The question is now...does Ryder open in the 5th ODI?? Should he even play at all and give Sinclair another go?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
:dry: Sorry if I didn't share your enthusiasm for it. Taylor's innings much better.
Yes and no.
While Taylor's innings was impressive, he got out at a rather crucial time.
Also, he wasn't playing in his debut match and didn't have to face from ball one.

Up to the 43rd over, I would have said Taylor.
But Guptil for me.