• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's been a lot of talk about the Oz attack of late but IMO SA have their problems as well

A replacement has to be found for Ntini sooner rather than later. Whilst it's not unusual for him to perform poorly away from home, he's down on pace and accuracy and looks as though the end is near

Morkel has been very disappointing. He's a guy with all the potential in the world but I think he's gone backwards in the last 12 months and for a young guy, that's not a good thing

Harris is Harris - steady, accurate but, as we've seen today and in India, can simply be played out if the players treat him with respect

SA might get to no. 1 in the ranking at some point but they certainly wont dominate for long unless something or someone changes

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
There's been a lot of talk about the Oz attack of late but IMO SA have their problems as well

A replacement has to be found for Ntini sooner rather than later. Whilst it's not unusual for him to perform poorly away from home, he's down on pace and accuracy and looks as though the end is near

Morkel has been very disappointing. He's a guy with all the potential in the world but I think he's gone backwards in the last 12 months and for a young guy, that's not a good thing

Harris is Harris - steady, accurate but, as we've seen today and in India, can simply be played out if the players treat him with respect

SA might get to no. 1 in the ranking at some point but they certainly wont dominate for long unless something or someone changes
Don't think they've bowled all that well in this innings, and I expect the pitch to look a lot worse in the fourth innings when the Australians bowled on it. The other things is that Australia's lead has let it play on a dicey pitch with some freedom, and that positivity has made it hard for SA to zone in on the cracks and good areas, they're forced to bowl to the batsman rather than the pitch. But in the end, it is a dead rubber - fine saying they have problems now...

I think it's all not too bad whilst they have Kallis around, because they can hide someone to an extent. Steyn is supposedly carrying an ankle problem at the moment (according to reports a couple of days ago), but the big test will be when Kallis retires/stops bowling. Much like the consternation over England's attack since Flintoff's form with the bat became not good enough to bat in the top 7, let alone 6.

howardj

International Coach
400 is enough.

Let's back ourselves - a real shot in the arm, for the return series, if we manage to pull it off.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think it's a terrific declaration really by Ponting. He just needs his bowlers and fielders to put in 100 per cent.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
375 is a pretty significant chase when you're starting 1 down and batting on the last day.

It's possible of course but it'd be a massive effort. Declaration is good.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think it's a terrific declaration really by Ponting. He just needs his bowlers and fielders to put in 100 per cent.
Exactly. He had to give himself enough time to bowl them out, and it shows confidence in his bowling attack. Much rather that we lose with him declaring now, than waiting another hour.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
with smith already out i'm predicting an aussie victory shortly after lunch tommorow... midge to get 5 siddle a couple and hauritzand macdonald 1 each...

inbox24

International Debutant
Haha, whatever.
Ok should of made myself clear. This is definitely a good declaration for cricket. But in terms of us winning this game, I really can't see us taking these 9 wickets despite the pitch looking like a chasm. Except for that one crack creating uneven bounce, it's pretty flat and easy to bat on as Hussey and Clarke have just shown and Boucher and Morkel showed the other day. Also fully expecting Ponting to go into turtle mode as soon as they start getting anywhere near that total.

Prediction:
- African win 70%
- Draw 30%

EDIT: good move with Morkel opening, fully expect a stodgey 40ish from him.

Johnners

Ok should of made myself clear. This is definitely a good declaration for cricket. But in terms of us winning this game, I really can't see us taking these 9 wickets despite the pitch looking like a chasm. Except for that one crack creating uneven bounce, it's pretty flat and easy to bat on as Hussey and Clarke have just shown and Boucher and Morkel showed the other day. Also fully expecting Ponting to go into turtle mode as soon as they start getting anywhere near that total.

Prediction:
- African win 70%
- Draw 30%

All well and good, apart from that fact that Australia dismissed South Africa for less than 376 the first time around, and that was including the time Smith was out there. He's their best batsmen at the moment, their captain, and extremely important to SA when chasing.

Also worth noting they're now effectively 2/2, you've got no idea about cricket if you think South Africa are favourites.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Prediction:
- African win 70%
- Draw 30%

Ridiculously pessimistic and basically without foundation.

Morkel out second ball to a very tailender bunt to mid-on. Good call.

susudear

Banned
Horse crap

WTF was Mackenzie thinking??

Why did he send Amla third?

He could have sent Ntini.

And then, Steyn.

Manure.

duffer

In this match, he has been mostly on the money. Come out of your prejudiced cocoon.
Who says I was refering to this match only? And how does having one semi decent match not make him a bad umpire when he's been horrific in the past? Prejudiced cocoon? A Precambrianism if I've ever seen one.

susudear

Banned
Such a ****

Who says I was refering to this match only? And how does having one semi decent match not make him a bad umpire when he's been horrific in the past? Prejudiced cocoon? A Precambrianism if I've ever seen one.
:laugh:@ "Precambriasm" or whatever ism!!

Such an idiot. There is no need to bring up his past errors when he has hardly done anything wrong in this match.

Every umpire has had a bad day.