• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He is a bad umpire, anyone who doesn't think so is a proper tard. Then again, look at who's defending him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I refuse to believe SA opened Morkel.
Indeed. Amla opens in ODIs and De Villiers has Test hundreds opening - surely you'd send one of them up.

It really shows though that the chances of McKenzie being dropped for Prince at any point are precisely zero.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Almost spat my Coffee out when I heard it on the radio, quite disappointed I didn't get to see it.
I was out cleaning the BBQ, and came in seeing SA 1 down, yet McKenzie and Amla at the crease.

I just assumed they had opened AB Devilliers and he was dismissed.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad declaration, loss on the cards.

You're kidding right. Chasing 375 on this pitch without the captain & probably the best "chasing" batsman in the world, a bad declaration would have been to wait any longer than Ponting did.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok should of made myself clear. This is definitely a good declaration for cricket. But in terms of us winning this game, I really can't see us taking these 9 wickets despite the pitch looking like a chasm. Except for that one crack creating uneven bounce, it's pretty flat and easy to bat on as Hussey and Clarke have just shown and Boucher and Morkel showed the other day. Also fully expecting Ponting to go into turtle mode as soon as they start getting anywhere near that total.

Prediction:
- African win 70%
- Draw 30%

EDIT: good move with Morkel opening, fully expect a stodgey 40ish from him.
Most absurd CW post for some time to be fair :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
99% is good enough for a ban imo.
An opinion isn't really good enough though. I have pretty much no actual proof at all; just what you'd call "circumstancial evidence". Probably best not to discuss such matters in a tour thread though, so this'll be my last post on the matter.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
An opinion isn't really good enough though. I have pretty much no actual proof at all; just what you'd call "circumstancial evidence". Probably best not to discuss such matters in a tour thread though, so this'll be my last post on the matter.
Spoil all the fun :p

Haddin :( was it a tough chance?

susudear

Banned
Cricinfo commentary

Cricinfo said:
Siddle to Amla, no run, goes back and plays the ball to Ponting at short midwicket, who collects in a flash and fires a direct hit to check McKenzie at the other end, and he's just back inside, what reflexes from Ponting
Mark Nicholas, surely?