• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Redbacks

International Captain
So our allrounder who can't bowl has been saved for the next test because our allrounder who could bowl can't bowl or bat now:wacko: Symo better take this lucky break and get some runs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is David Hussey's average of 37.25 this season really enough to warrant selection?

For me no it's not.

I'm still liking Andrew MacDonald - averaging 46.28 with the bat and 23.93 with the ball this season.
Is half a season really enough of a sample size to base your entire selection criteria on?

For me, not it's not.

Regardless of what he's done this season, Dave Hussey should be in serious consideration as he's one of the best batsmen in the country. He hasn't been stellar this season but he's hardly having a shocker either and the rest of his career did indeed happen.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta love Haydos, still sledging Graeme Smith to the end. I say sledge, the only thing I was picking up was ******. Smith should have said when he was out, "I'll see you in Sydney..."

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
These two should be the first options Australia should look to in case of batsmen.
DWTA. Klinger's always been someone I've thought should be doing better than he has been, but picking someone on one season of actual performance is ridiculous.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
So our allrounder who can't bowl has been saved for the next test because our allrounder who could bowl can't bowl or bat now:wacko: Symo better take this lucky break and get some runs.
To be fair to Symmo, his dismissal in the 2nd innings was the only good ball dsmissal out of all of the batsmen. His was an acceptable dismissal, all the others were completely unacceptable.

susudear

Banned
900 runs not enough?

DWTA. Klinger's always been someone I've thought should be doing better than he has been, but picking someone on one season of actual performance is ridiculous.
And that too at a ridiculous average of 90? This could be the career-defining season for Klinger, and nothing better than a confident batsman than Dave Hussay who doesnt have runs to back him. Anyway better in a low-pressure test (assuming SA win this here) at Sydney.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta love Haydos, still sledging Graeme Smith to the end. I say sledge, the only thing I was picking up was ******. Smith should have said when he was out, "I'll see you in Sydney..."
"See you in Sydn......oh wait....."

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is half a season really enough of a sample size to base your entire selection criteria on?

For me, not it's not.

Regardless of what he's done this season, Dave Hussey should be in serious consideration as he's one of the best batsmen in the country. He hasn't been stellar this season but he's hardly having a shocker either and the rest of his career did indeed happen.
I wouldn't say entire selection, but it does help. I mainly pointed out Hussey's stats cause a fair few people I've heard have said Hussey's in such great form at the moment.

He's not, he's in reasonable form.

Top_Cat

And that too at a ridiculous average of 90? This could be the career-defining season for Klinger, and nothing better than a confident batsman than Dave Hussay who doesnt have runs to back him. Anyway better in a low-pressure test (assuming SA win this here) at Sydney.
I'm a fan of Klinger and have been since he was first picked for Vic but it seems pretty clear he's playing well above himself this year. Some regression to the mean is imminent.

Top_Cat

For me, not it's not.

AWTA.

archie mac

International Coach
Ponting had no option but to attack with such a target. He placed the men in slips and gully to induce one from Smith, but Smith was simply awesome in placing through them and along the ground. Credit to the batsman.
He had a fine line to walk, he had to save runs and take wickets, but when a player scores 8 boundaries through the same spot, you block it, or put a fly slip there and still be attacking but show some common sense8-)

archie mac

International Coach
Also well done to Blee, all this crap that he is only bowling because he knows he is on is last chance8-)

Brave stuff, Blee:cool:

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Why is Lee still on the field even when he's not bowling? Surely his injury warrants putting his feet/foot up when he's not required at the bowling crease?