• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't spam the forum. If you cannot stand the freefall of Aussies this summer, go to a pub and drown all your sorrows there, if you are under-age, well, you are too bad at cursing then.
Na he's angry that Watson his favorite player just got injured for the umpteeenth time.

masterblaster

International Captain
Just what will it take to get David Hussey or Brad Hodge into this Australian side?

Brad Hodge has a 200 against South Africa, get him in the team.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Hey where did that what's Amla done lately go?

Yeah but all the Saffies have done so well its hard to drop any.
I retracted the statement, as I hadn't looked into his recent form, just went on inkling.

Wasn't such a bad call after all though, three starts hardly writes your name into the team list in vivid.

inbox24

International Debutant
Man lucky Ian Healy isn't a selector, looking at his XI for Sydney there's only one word to describe that and it's dire.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You're talking about the way it probably should be. But, without knowing for sure, I highly doubt it is. I agree, players are absolutely the worst judges of how well they're going ("I'm fine skip, give me one more over, all I need to get this guy!", etc.). Fast bowlers especially so.
The commentators have said he's having an op after this test, so Ponting must know it's pretty grim. Lee's definitely not a shirker so will gamely come steaming in, but I reckon flogging a bloke into the ground (especially a quick of a certain age) for what's realistically no good reason is an odd bit of captaincy/management from Oz.

masterblaster

International Captain
Not really, North is the best spinner in Australia.

Bowling attack for the SCG, Mitchell, Siddle, Nannes, North and someone else.
I'm not sure what to take from this post. He's primarily a batsman and has 90 FC wickets at an average of 44. If he's the best spinner in Australia, then Australia really have a serious problem. On the plus side he's a proven performer with the bat, but I rather have David Hussey or Brad Hodge in the squad than Marcus North. Sarcasm aside, I'm still advocating a spot for Hussey or Hodge.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really, North is the best spinner in Australia.

Bowling attack for the SCG, Mitchell, Siddle, Nannes, North and someone else.
:laugh:

That'd be interesting, then we would have come full circle with no-one recognisable in the attack at all really. Mitch Johnson as the leader.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ian Chappell selecting Marcus North is a bit out of left field. What about David Hussey or Brad Hodge?
He picked him as an allrounder. I've never rated North as a batsman as highly as a lot of people here but his off spin has improved to a state where it could be a factor in his selection. Definitely better than Symonds's offies IMO. He's also scored a mountain of runs this season, so it wasn't a terrible idea.

Redbacks

International Captain
Ian Chappell selecting Marcus North is a bit out of left field. What about David Hussey or Brad Hodge?
I had the feeling before seeing their sides, Healy would be conservative and Chappell a bit left of centre. No way is Hughes going to be selected for the Sydney test.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I admire Lee's balls, but I do think there's a case for protecting a player from himself sometimes. No quick worth his salt is going to worry about a bit of pain (or, indeed, a lot of it) but if the stress-fracture/near stress-fracture is bad enough to require an op bowling on it isn't going to improve it, surely? Not bowling Lee would be like the boxer's corner chucking in the towel to save their man from unnecessary punishment.

Lunch, anyway. Not convinced I'm gonna make it til the resumption.
I must say, you have the most unique way of expressing yourself. Pretty much every post, I thoroughly enjoy reading.

Some of your recent gems :-

"I admire Lee's balls"

"CW has a high good bloke/penis ratio"

"I'm here all week. The chicken in a basket is great wi'peas"

"it's always a big step up to be the man whose arse is on the line when things go pear-shaped."

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure what to take from this post. He's primarily a batsman and has 90 FC wickets at an average of 44. If he's the best spinner in Australia, then Australia really have a serious problem. On the plus side he's a proven performer with the bat, but I rather have David Hussey or Brad Hodge in the squad than Marcus North. Sarcasm aside, I'm still advocating a spot for Hussey or Hodge.
I think that's been a given since Warnie retired.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not sure what to take from this post. He's primarily a batsman and has 90 FC wickets at an average of 44. If he's the best spinner in Australia, then Australia really have a serious problem.
Better than Krejza's stats, and arguably better than Hauritz's as well.

I don't think he's the best spinner in Australia by any stretch but he's pretty decent and he's actually improved a bit of late.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is David Hussey's average of 37.25 this season really enough to warrant selection?

For me no it's not.

I'm still liking Andrew MacDonald - averaging 46.28 with the bat and 23.93 with the ball this season.