• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unless Ive messed up somehow Amla has never opened at test Level.

AB has in 20 matches with a good average of 36.
True, I'd forgot that AB has opened in tests, I knew he had in ODIs, but obviously thats a totally different thing, surprises me to be honest because he seems such a middle order type player

Zinzan

So how many more runs do South Africa need to still stand a chance in the match?
If they can add another 40 odd & reduce the lead to under 100, it will be a good psychological recovery for them, especially if they can sneak a couple of early wickets.

Bees

U19 12th Man
If they can add another 40 odd & reduce the lead to under 100, it will be a good psychological recovery for them, especially if they can sneak a couple of early wickets.
That would be nice, but Steyn is close to useless with the bat, and - well - Ntini is worse than McGrath. :dry:

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
That would be nice, but Steyn is close to useless with the bat, and - well - Ntini is worse than McGrath. :dry:
As long as they can turn the strike over to Duminy hopefully they can last for awhile. If Duminy gets out then the SA innings is pretty much over.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe SA are still batting, I mean their bottom 4 combine for an average of barely over 40 and Duminy has given them plenty of strike.

Zinzan

Can't believe SA are still batting, I mean their bottom 4 combine for an average of barely over 40 and Duminy has given them plenty of strike.
Yup, but Harris & even Steyn certainly aren't complete mud compared to the likes of O'Brien & Martin & the pitch is a road now. Its not quite the unthinkable

Bees

U19 12th Man
Still bleak, but less. Props to Duminy and the tail.

Yay, Warnie @ the lunch break on The Cricket Show. Watched the King of Spin DVD yesterday, was awesome.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yup, but Harris & even Steyn certainly aren't complete mud compared to the likes of O'Brien & Martin & the pitch is a road now. Its not quite the unthinkable
Yea but they're no better than number 10, even Morkel although he's decent against seam bowlers I remember him being clueless against Panesar.