• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

chalky

International Debutant
Looking OK against Clarke & Hauritz, thought he could get out any ball against Johnson & Siddle though.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Can't really tell so far, I just got up.

I reckon for the Sydney line-up, replace McKenzie with Duminy with Prince getting his position back.

chalky

International Debutant
Can't really tell so far, I just got up.

I reckon for the Sydney line-up, replace McKenzie with Duminy with Prince getting his position back.
Has Duminy had any experiance opening looks like such a natural middle order player to me?

Bees

U19 12th Man
I remember they used him as opener for quite a few matches (not sure whether ODI or test). I can't remember him having any success in that position though.

Still not sure whether to bank on McKenzie retaining. He's seemed pretty non-committal, but maybe I'm still reeling after that drop. :p

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm pretty Sure AB can be an opener. Although I don't think SA will want to move him around the order with the form he is in

Bees

U19 12th Man
They've also suggested, so far, when Prince comes back:

Amla opens (McKenzie goes, everybody comes up one).

AB opens.

chalky

International Debutant
I'm pretty Sure AB can be an opener. Although I don't think SA will want to move him around the order with the form he is in
Duh forgot about AB.

Suprised at McKenzies fall from garce this series watching him against England & India would have thought he would have done well.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, I'd have Amla opening if Prince comes back, AB is more of a hand-eye player for mine, not as technically proficient is Amla IMO

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Duh forgot about AB.

Suprised at McKenzies fall from garce this series watching him against England & India would have thought he would have done well.
You and me both, thought the extra bounce might suit him, especially as he's a good puller & cutter

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Unless Ive messed up somehow Amla has never opened at test Level.

AB has in 20 matches with a good average of 36.

chalky

International Debutant
Can't really blame Harris for trying to cash in against the part timers couldn't see him lasting long against the new ball to be honest.