• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pup11

International Coach
Sorry, but Mcgrath has nearly 200 dismissals that were either lbw or bowled, so if he wasnt bowling at the stumps, then umpires during his career span must have made some awfully poor decisions.

Just having a look at Mitchell's dismissal analysis, out of 72 dismissals, hes only dismissed 7 right handed batsmen either bowled or lbw, of which 2 were Chris Martin, one was RP Singh, one was Anil Kumble and one was Prasanna Jayawardhene. It seems to me that other than dismissing lower order batters, he doesnt seem to attack the stumps often enough. Id like to see him bowl from around the wicket to right handers instead of continuing with this annoying and disgraceful negative line that he continually bowls outside the off stump.
I remember him getting SRT lbw once during the series in India....

Anyways how many LHB does Ntini dismisses via lbw or bowled, still he seems to have done well enough in test cricket, hasn't he....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hauritz has flighted the ball impressively, well compared to his last international stint where he was rubbish in every regard. However, Ive seen little drift, and a bowler that bowls at 50 mph without getting the ball to deviate should really be taken apart by this point. Is he really a better bowler than Symonds considering that both of them have stock balls that go straight on?
Did you watch the last over?

Hauritz got one to turn quite dramatically and his top spinner bounced really well and had AB jumping. He was drifting them quite well when Smith was in.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry, but Mcgrath has nearly 200 dismissals that were either lbw or bowled, so if he wasnt bowling at the stumps, then umpires during his career span must have made some awfully poor decisions.
So? Just had to watch him to see his primary line was outside off-stump.

Just having a look at Mitchell's dismissal analysis, out of 72 dismissals, hes only dismissed 7 right handed batsmen either bowled or lbw, of which 2 were Chris Martin, one was RP Singh, one was Anil Kumble and one was Prasanna Jayawardhene. It seems to me that other than dismissing lower order batters, he doesnt seem to attack the stumps often enough. Id like to see him bowl from around the wicket to right handers instead of continuing with this annoying and disgraceful negative line that he continually bowls outside the off stump.
Fine, you go ahead and keep being annoyed, he'll keep taking wickets and proving you wrong and I'll keep enjoying watching. :)

Top_Cat

Hahahahaha, how funny was that! Went up like a mad man when he bowled him.............

Sensational bowling again, though. Quick, hostile and straight.

pasag

RTDAS
If Clark was fit for the next Test, which he won't be obv, Lee would be dropped no questions (assuming he doesn't drastically improve).

inbox24

International Debutant
C'mon bois, 2 more wickets and we're through. I fear this will be the partnership that breaks our back.

tooextracool

International Coach
I think you are just talking on the basis of pre-set notions you have about those two, if you are actually watching the game closely you would have realised those two have been the bowlers who have troubled the batsmen the most.

EDIT: Siddle gets the big fish...
Hauritz? Troubling the batsmen? Im not sure what planet you are on, at best hes been accurate and they have struggled to score runs but he hasnt really threatened the batsman with the exception of a very very poor stroke from Kallis.

Johnson has troubled the batsman, but I think its more to do with the fact that most right handers havent played a left handed bowler that bowls the kind of lines that he bowls and are not used to it. He hasnt bowled well per se, if you thought it was boring and tiresome watching Giles bowl, Johnson is no different.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hauritz? Troubling the batsmen? Im not sure what planet you are on, at best hes been accurate and they have struggled to score runs but he hasnt really threatened the batsman with the exception of a very very poor stroke from Kallis..
Yeah, he's bowled really well IMO, but it's not like he's been beating the batsmen in flight twice an over or ripping them past the bat. He's certainly done what he's been picked for and I think he's contributed to two dismissals but I wouldn't say the batsmen have looked troubled as such.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hauritz? Troubling the batsmen? Im not sure what planet you are on, at best hes been accurate and they have struggled to score runs but he hasnt really threatened the batsman with the exception of a very very poor stroke from Kallis.

Johnson has troubled the batsman, but I think its more to do with the fact that most right handers havent played a left handed bowler that bowls the kind of lines that he bowls and are not used to it. He hasnt bowled well per se, if you thought it was boring and tiresome watching Giles bowl, Johnson is no different.
Well, except for him being boring at twice the pace :happy:

Top_Cat

Yeah, he's bowled really well IMO, but it's not like he's been beating the batsmen in flight twice an over or ripping them past the bat. He's certainly done what he's been picked for and I think he's contributed to two dismissals but I wouldn't say the batsmen have looked troubled as such.
It's a second day deck and the MCG = road. Bit much to expect Hauritz of all people to be fizzing them past groping outside edges. He's done a job.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's a second day deck and the MCG = road. Bit much to expect Hauritz of all people to be fizzing them past groping outside edges. He's done a job.
Yeah, I agree with that. He's bowled really well.

I just think that to say he's "troubled the batsmen" is a bit much.

Top_Cat

Off the planet. You seriously expect anyone to believe that batsmen, Test batsmen no less, are getting out to him just because they've never or rarely faced bowling of his type? Even if it was true, which is pretty unlikely, it would neither be a good enough excuse nor would it last very long.

tooextracool

International Coach
Off the planet. You seriously expect anyone to believe that batsmen, Test batsmen no less, are getting out to him just because they've never or rarely faced bowling of his type? Even if it was true, which is pretty unlikely, it would neither be a good enough excuse nor would it last very long.
well its clearly not, Im just waiting for that day to come. Im not sure why he doesnt go around the wicket, and actually try to get the batsmen out. I genuinely dislike bowlers who dont bowl on the stumps, the game is meant to have bowlers try to get the batsmen out while batsmen look to score runs.