• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Good play from McIntosh/Flynn. Still think McIntosh will get found out eventually, but he definitely has good stickability. Flynn looks a great prospect at 3.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure we can blame the start time here, it's raining there now so they'd be off the ground anyway.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure we can blame the start time here, it's raining there now so they'd be off the ground anyway.
Yes, but had they started at 11:00, they would've been finishing at 6:00, so the day would've been more or less over anyway.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
McIntosh really needs to learn how to hook and pull the ball, because that was shocking.
Good play from McIntosh/Flynn. Still think McIntosh will get found out eventually, but he definitely has good stickability. Flynn looks a great prospect at 3.
AWTA. Cant understand why the Windies didnt just fire in short deliveries at McIntosh's body all afternoon. He doesnt even look at the ball when playing the pull shot. Surely would get him out eventually.

Flynn doing wel again but I cant imagine McIntosh lasting against Aussie, SA, Eng, Pak, or any real quality bowling lineup imo.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pull shot appears to me to be the only real flaw in his technique, and if he can just sort it out I can easily see him being a successful opener for us.

Craig

World Traveller
I understand Matt Horne has been a big mentor for Tim McIntosh, I thought that would of been something Horne would of picked up and helped McIntosh with. That said I have no idea if Horne has just been giving advice on the mental aspect of the game or the technical side or both.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Have to say, what's with the NZ batting today? It is a Test match granted, but to score at 2.13 runs an over is unacceptable.

Can understand the NZ commentators criticizing the batsmen saying we either hit boundaries or block with very little turning over of the strike.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Unacceptable?

What would be unacceptable right now would be 170/6 off the same number of overs.

Just over 2 runs an over for the top 3 batsmen, considering we having attacking batsmen coming in afterwards, is entirely acceptable.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Bugger.

On the rate rate, there is nothing wrong with it. We also have players down the order that can make up for it and who can benefit from a solid platform.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Have to say, what's with the NZ batting today? It is a Test match granted, but to score at 2.13 runs an over is unacceptable.

Can understand the NZ commentators criticizing the batsmen saying we either hit boundaries or block with very little turning over of the strike.

Oh great, another New Zealand no.3 who chokes between 50 and 100.

Truly pathetic stuff.
Ha. Unbelievable. The Black Caps just cannot win with some "supporters".