• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have to say I bearly listen to the commentators anymore, just enough to see if there is anything useful, but I prefer to watch the action and make my own judgement.
Haha, Taylor going on about how the deck has a new top on it and what a difference it's making to the pace of the pitch.

Cue Ritchie "A new top. What does that mean?"

Craig

World Traveller
Haha, Taylor going on about how the deck has a new top on it and what a difference it's making to the pace of the pitch.

Cue Ritchie "A new top. What does that mean?"
I barely listen to Chappelli anymore, he really doesn't say anything interesting that we haven't before.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just our feed or has the commentary gone completely? Quite pleasant watching without the commentary TBH.

pup11

International Coach
Thought it was a great ball to get first up. Very difficult to play one like that early especially on that length and angle.
Yeah the ball was good but he could easily have left it alone...........

EDIT: What a fifty from Katto, he is really starting to become our Mr.Dependable now..

Ernest

U19 12th Man
I think in many areas of life if you are at the pinnacle, the less time spent looking back the better. There are a alot of great things about American attitude to sport. They promote discipline, teamwork, excellence and as a result don't have time for second best, but you wonder if they went around talking about the 5th best B-ball team and the 11th best NFL team whether people would be driven to personal excellence as highly as they are? If Australia were ranked 5th in the world, no doubt we would be interested in the top 2-3 teams and how they play their cricket
I totally disagree.. cricket is a complete anathema to American culture (with 20/20 the exception).. and the reason is that at it's core cricket is a game of mutual respect.

I don't think that anything American in relation to sport is worth us taking up.. they don't have a huge amateur sporting culture to them sport is a business and any other attitude is weak.

So by all means if you advocate every vestige of the culture that spread cricket all over the world disappearing then we should adopt American attitude. Just expect the fan base in this country to slowly dwindle.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah the ball was good but he could easily have left it alone...........

EDIT: What a fifty from Katto, he is really starting to become our Mr.Dependable now..
Ntini angling it in like that, he had to play.

Hayden, yes it lifted, but it was always going to be a nothing shot that far aay from his body. Should have left it on line, let alone on length. Hussey's was a good piece of bowling, sometimes you nick out early.

That's the other thing, different game once you get a start. Blokes will always go out early, but once you're in there's extra responsibility to do something with it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I hear a variation on "Gee, the South Africans sure are defensive today..." again, I'm going to personally fly to Perth and punch the entire commentary team in the pancreas. They've said it several times an hour today, they say it every time the Saffies come here. WE GET IT.

duffer

If I hear a variation on "Gee, the South Africans sure are defensive today..." again, I'm going to personally fly to Perth and punch the entire commentary team in the pancreas. They've said it several times an hour today, they say it every time the Saffies come here. WE GET IT.
Honestly, they'd have nothing to say if they didn't trot that out approximately 30 times a day. Most stale commentary team ever.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
At least they have a ring field, not one with four blokes on the boundary...

Last edited:

inbox24

International Debutant
Hey guys, does anyone think that this partnership is one of the reasons/examples why the Saffies are termed 'chokers'?

Johnners

Haha, seriously, love how so many people jump to conclusions so early. Australia lose 3 early wickets (like that's never happened before...) "Oh noez the series is lost". 2 hours later, Katich & Clarke have put on a good partnership, "Oh noez, South Africa are chokers".

We're only just past the halfway point of the first day of the series ffs!