• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Katich makes so many runs off that little tuck down to the legside, I'm surprised no captain has decided to put in a shortish backward square leg to stop his main scoring shot.

Craig

World Traveller
If I hear a variation on "Gee, the South Africans sure are defensive today..." again, I'm going to personally fly to Perth and punch the entire commentary team in the pancreas. They've said it several times an hour today, they say it every time the Saffies come here. WE GET IT.
Honestly, they'd have nothing to say if they didn't trot that out approximately 30 times a day. Most stale commentary team ever.
Lack of overseas commentator IMO.

Briony

International Debutant
Great partnership but there hasn't really been much in the pitch for a first day, the early three wickets were partly due to poor shot-making. Steyn has been disappointing though but maybe he needs a bit of swing around in the atmosphere to be at his best.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
f****** channel 9!!!

Who cares if the news is a little late!!!

Just take the cricket off them and give it to foxtel... at least they respect viewers!!!!:@

thierry henry

International Coach
Excellent piece of umpiring from Dar tbh

lol at Katich effing and blinding on his way off as if he doesn't know how far across he gets

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa will be hoping so, because that's how he gets wickets. Harris took what was probably the most important wicket in the whole series against England when he had Pietersen out for 94 in the second innings at Edgebaston. How? Pietersen didn't rate him, treated him with no respect and got himself out trying to go down the pitch. Harris can be ticked along for a decent amount of runs without anyone having to take many risks. If Australia decide they're going to risk their wickets to score those runs unnecessarily quickly just to try to humiliate him, Smith will be delighted.
Muahahahaha. Was originally going to write "Smith will be standing at mid-on laughing" IIRC.

Craig

World Traveller
I think this proves that anybody who thinks Test cricket is dead, is a moron. In the space of two overs, the game changed in South Africa's favour. One more quick wicket and Australia in the mire.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just reading back through this thread.

I must have missed the line in the Test Cricket Rulebook where it says "if a team is to lose 3 early wickets, they have therefore lost the match."

Maybe I'll find it one day.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
:laugh: Fair call...

Still doesn't change my original rant...

If it was on fox i'd be able to watch every ball without having to worry about the news or being asked to buy the latest autographed box... gah... such rage