• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Not a Best Catches of All Time list, but rather a "Best Catches shown by channel 9 in Australia" list.
Well bloody say that.. no wonder most Australian cricket fans are so one-eyed.. the Channel 9 team just ignore the rest of the world

Redbacks

International Captain
Well bloody say that.. no wonder most Australian cricket fans are so one-eyed.. the Channel 9 team just ignore the rest of the world
there is a rest of the world? Channel 9 are there to make $$ not educate the masses about cricket in other countries.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
there is a rest of the world? Channel 9 are there to make $$ not educate the masses about cricket in other countries.
That is probably why your average fair-weather fan that ardently follows football in winter hasn't a clue how well the other cricketing nations can play..

It's just a straight "Australia is s**t hot" attitude that this kind of ignorance engenders. I'd say in the 80's when the windies (and even England) were wiping the floor with us we weren't so ignorant about the rest of the world.

It's almost an American attitude. It is really detestable.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love how Chappeli can criticise bringin back your most succesful bowler of the morning on straight after lunch.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
I love how Chappeli can criticise bringin back your most succesful bowler of the morning on straight after lunch.
He wasn't that great a captain anyway.. I listen to Taylor when I want to hear about tactics

And Keith Stackpole on the ABC

pup11

International Coach
Have to say not a bad fight back after such a disastrous start. Good bounce in the wicket was well.

Morkel was impressive - how quick would he be if he used his front arm?

Hayden and Hussey both undone by bounce, Ponting more so by angle. Thought Hayden's was the worst shot of the three by a fair margin.
Don't agree with that, on the contrary i think he got the best ball out of three dismissals, Hayden was going very well at that time having played some gorgeous shots down the ground, so he was going with the flow and trying get all over Ntini by trying to be aggressive, but he got a ball that a bounced a bit more then he expected and that delivery wasn't exactly short, it just picked off of the good length area, so that was a pretty good ball imo.

Ponting's dismissal was worst imo, the first ball he played he went for an expansive drive, and Hussey too made a judgment in error in his shot selection, he played the ball he got out to of the front-foot whereas he would have been much better off playing that ball of the backfoot.

Anyways having said that the Proteas have bowled well and they have bowled smartly, and the Aussie top-order hasn't shown enough discipline or application against a good pace, but hopefully Clarke and Katich would go onto resurrect things from here.

Redbacks

International Captain
Hayden usually comes back from a form slump with a truck load of runs. However I am starting to doubt he is capable of doing this again.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting's dismissal was worst imo, the first ball he played he went for an expansive drive, and Hussey too made a judgment in error in his shot selection, he played the ball he got out to of the front-foot whereas he would have been much better off playing that ball of the backfoot.

Thought it was a great ball to get first up. Very difficult to play one like that early especially on that length and angle.

Redbacks

International Captain
That is probably why your average fair-weather fan that ardently follows football in winter hasn't a clue how well the other cricketing nations can play..

It's just a straight "Australia is s**t hot" attitude that this kind of ignorance engenders. I'd say in the 80's when the windies (and even England) were wiping the floor with us we weren't so ignorant about the rest of the world.

It's almost an American attitude. It is really detestable.
I think in many areas of life if you are at the pinnacle, the less time spent looking back the better. There are a alot of great things about American attitude to sport. They promote discipline, teamwork, excellence and as a result don't have time for second best, but you wonder if they went around talking about the 5th best B-ball team and the 11th best NFL team whether people would be driven to personal excellence as highly as they are? If Australia were ranked 5th in the world, no doubt we would be interested in the top 2-3 teams and how they play their cricket

Craig

World Traveller
I have to say I bearly listen to the commentators anymore, just enough to see if there is anything useful, but I prefer to watch the action and make my own judgement.