• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant result for test cricket. But my deep down biasness came to for (yesterday morning UK time) & it was the worst feeling i have ever got watching cricket, only the Kolkatta 01 , Antigua 03 can compare, Jo'Burg 06 can compare.

Tendulkar has really looked his 90s self since the tour to Australia, no longer is argument valid that Tendulkar is a 4th innings chocker.

JBH001

International Regular
Good luck! They even took down a video that was pretty much a black screen but had a link to where to watch it, apparently if you do a search at http://videos.sapo.pt/ for "cricket england india day" without the quotes you will find hightlights :)
Thanks dude. You are right, found all youtube vids had been removed.

Will look up the link you suggest. Cheers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
and in no small measure, sehwag...
The first difference was Sehwag, the final one Tendulkar.

Sehwag turned what was virtually a lost cause to a small window of opportunity. Tendulkar crashed that window open, got through and opened the door, if not the floodgates, and then led the water through the floodgates.

The water was composed of just two things, hydrogen (Tendulkar) and oxygen (Yuvraj Singh).

Well, that's the best metaphor I can find, anyway.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Brilliant result for test cricket. But my deep down biasness came to for (yesterday morning UK time) & it was the worst feeling i have ever got watching cricket, only the Kolkatta 01 , Antigua 03 can compare, Jo'Burg 06 can compare.

Tendulkar has really looked his 90s self since the tour to Australia, no longer is argument valid that Tendulkar is a 4th innings chocker.
so who are you supporting now?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The first difference was Sehwag, the final one Tendulkar.

Sehwag turned what was virtually a lost cause to a small window of opportunity. Tendulkar crashed that window open, got through and opened the door, if not the floodgates, and then led the water through the floodgates.

The water was composed of just two things, hydrogen (Tendulkar) and oxygen (Yuvraj Singh).

Well, that's the best metaphor I can find, anyway.
Dicko, give the betting game a go. It doesn't involve gambling and you were the inspiration for it.

Uppercut

On the subject of Panesar, i wonder what difference that spell in Sri Lanka he was scheduled to go on would have made. Looks to me like a major balls-up from the ECB.

GGG

State Captain
Just watched the highlights myself, really not much to say except what a great test and what a champion Tendulkar is.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Never underestimate Englands skill at throwing away great situations. Just when you think 'they cant **** it up THIS time can they?' they go and surprise you :@

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
On the subject of Panesar, i wonder what difference that spell in Sri Lanka he was scheduled to go on would have made. Looks to me like a major balls-up from the ECB.
Not on difference, his pace is WAYYYYY to fast. Can't remember the last time Monty was bowling it between 80-85 kmph, that 90-93 ks crap yesterday was so frustrating.

At least Swann gave it good air with solid pace variation, could have had Tendulkar if you remember..

FBU

International Debutant
As large a sample size as Burgey has based his opinion on him during this tour.

One average test and one sensational test in India, and now he's shocking in India? Great call. Lee had a whole series and played like ****ing **** the whole time, I don't care about his personal or physical troubles, he was obviously well enough to play and he was ****.

Let's see Jimmy have a series before comparing him to a worse Lee in India, eh?
In India :)

4 Test 8 wickets at 61.62 econ 3.33 s/r 111.0 - Lee
2 Tests 8 wickets at 19.75 econ 2.97 s/r 39.80 - Anderson

Pietersen's batting average in this Test - 2.5

Last edited:

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
It was a solid performance from Tendulkar and yuvi i was getting worried that the collapse's that india were known for was just around the corner but the fields just wern't attacking enough i guess.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
This tour has really raised the spirit of test cricket and even brought back the people of India suffering from terror attacks to a joyous mood..... but only one gloomy face in the whole group Guess who's?? yes it was of Dravid......again failed to get his form back......... votings have already started in India on this topic whether to retain him in the team or not :)

krkode

State Captain
Never underestimate Englands skill at throwing away great situations. Just when you think 'they cant **** it up THIS time can they?' they go and surprise you :@
I think India, England and Pakistan probably rate as the three teams most likely to really flux things up from a good situation. :dry:

Zinzan

India were stuffed when Eng declared

They were still long shots over night and if Yuvi had succeeded in giving his wicket away, we may not even be having this discussion

And btw, I'm AUSTRALIAN so any time Eng loses is a good day
Totally disagree with that & I'm not just being wise after the event. If you look though this thread you'd see I picked India to win as soon as Sehwag started the chase the way he did, even though I'm well aware 387 to win in the 4th innings of a test is a rarity.

I just felt with the combination of the India batting lineup, their ability to play spin and the decidedly average England bowling attack (with the obvious exception of Flintoff) that anything under 450 was achievable if they batted well, even if it meant setting a world record.