• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Lately Tendulkar's concentration wavers a bit, which is why he get out immediately after breaks and the like(lately), but if you make him laugh(instead of sledging him) or do something of that sort, then there is a good chance that he will make a mistake.

Precambrian

Banned
As I say, however big the average difference, unless you can actually pinpoint a reason then it has to be nothing more than coincidence.

I'm sure I could find plenty of other patterns of failure somewhere in Pietersen's career. Or anyone else's. Unless there's an obvious reason for them, they're meaingless - ie, they're pure coincidence.
Not at all. Pietersen is not upto scratch against spin in supporting conditions. He is not capable of batting against the slow low bounce. Anyway lets take that to the relevant thread.

Stapel

International Regular
A great test, but nonetheless a disapointing last day, imho. For a great 5th day in a great test, you simply need two great teams. And England were not today. Imho, it was personified by Monty.... Long before this test started, I was looking forward to see Monty bowl on a 5th day pitch in India. His 0/105 showed what this test lacked.

This could and should have been a tight finish. I would have loved to see Inda win with 2 wickets or England win it with a dozen runs. This test just didn't deserve a 6 wicket win.

Woodster

International Captain
A great test, but nonetheless a disapointing last day, imho. For a great 5th day in a great test, you simply need two great teams. And England were not today. Imho, it was personified by Monty.... Long before this test started, I was looking forward to see Monty bowl on a 5th day pitch in India. His 0/105 showed what this test lacked.

This could and should have been a tight finish. I would have loved to see Inda win with 2 wickets or England win it with a dozen runs. This test just didn't deserve a 6 wicket win.
Yes I agree, for it to be a great Test it had to go much closer, and indeed should have done. Although throughout the Test there has been plenty to admire from both sides, whether that was Strauss' batting, Zaheer's ability to reverse the ball, Collingwood's typically gritty knock, Tendulkar and Sehwag's immense contributions.

Woodster

International Captain
Just like Tendulkar may have proved some doubters wrong regarding his ability to play vital innings in his sides second innings, think Collingwood has proved one or two wrong on here that have suggested he was only capable of succeeding on complete flat tracks. He has overcome some pretty tough batting conditions at times in this Test, and done so very successfully.

Indipper

State Regular
Great win for India, a superb stand by Tendulkar and Singh. But now even I can't objectively deny that Dravid has to go. :( And England were so, what's the word... English in their failure.

Woodster

International Captain
Oh, for sure. However, I don't think there's that much likelihood of anything, funny quip or questioning of technique, having any useful effect for the fielding side.

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with either, the way I do think there's something wrong with "you ****ing ****" or similar. Simply that if the idea is to improve your chances of getting the batsman out, and in the cases of some batsmen, saying nothing whatsoever is your best chance of doing that.

Although interaction between two players is not always about trying to gain an advantage. Think Freddie is pretty much aware of the situation regarding Sachin's mindset when sledging is involved.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done England, ****ing useless.

As for Panesar, no gimme wickets this innings eh? Awful, awful contribution. Get back to averaging 50 for your county.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Congrats India!!! Special Speacial victory from a special team. Would love to see Social comeup with those analysis of his. Shame really if he decides not to:dry:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well done India, excellent batting, and a well-deserved win.

Spineless stuff from England. This lot couldn't finish their dinner off.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just like Tendulkar may have proved some doubters wrong regarding his ability to play vital innings in his sides second innings, think Collingwood has proved one or two wrong on here that have suggested he was only capable of succeeding on complete flat tracks. He has overcome some pretty tough batting conditions at times in this Test, and done so very successfully.
Think Collingwood to an extent did that in his knock against SA at Edgbaston, where the ball was doing a bit. Nonetheless, this is easily his best Test innings and the first time he's really scored good runs on a wicket offering bowlers something.

Woodster

International Captain
Think Collingwood to an extent did that in his knock against SA at Edgbaston, where the ball was doing a bit. Nonetheless, this is easily his best Test innings and the first time he's really scored good runs on a wicket offering bowlers something.
Yes, it was classic Collingwood really. Not especially pleasing on the eye, but an innings full of deft deflections off his pads, good running, one or two lovely drives, but a general dogged knock, and crucial at the time.

social

Congrats India!!! Special Speacial victory from a special team. Would love to see Social comeup with those analysis of his. Shame really if he decides not to:dry:
India batted extremely well and but had all the luck (Yuvi go straight to the newsagent and buy every lottery ticket you can get your hands on)

Panesar was, at best, very disappointing

social

good team make their luck .....
To a degree but good players dont continually get away with ridiculous get out shots as Yuvi did today

On another day Flintoff would've had a bag of wickets

On a brighter note, Krezja is better than both the English spinners by a street

biased indian

International Coach
To a degree but good players dont continually get away with ridiculous get out shots as Yuvi did today

On another day Sehwag would have scored a double and india would not have needed yuvi to bat at all :cool:

Kreja will most probably be one test wonder ..don't see him troubling batsmen much ..does he have any variations ???

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Why is the Indian victory dark? It is pretty bright from a cricketing perspective that a team chased down 387. Some good cricket seen in the game.

Woodster

International Captain
Don't think a comparison can be drawn after two of the players have played only a single Test. By the end of the SA series things may be different once again.

Panesar certainly doing himself no favours currently.