• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok. Just wanted an unbiased view. Been some uproar over his selection on this WIndian cricket board I'm on. Would be hard to get an objective view there.
Nash looked a very reasonable player, perhaps lucky to survive the dropped catch from Taylor but until his dismissal he appeared to have a good tecnique and worth a shot in the Windies' team.

Find it amazing that Taylor hasn't got a FC 50.
Ditto - hes played some powerful shots so far, this is turning into an excellent partnership between Taylor with Chanderpaul.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I went with my favourite cricket bet before the match, Chanders to top-score for the Windies in their first innings at 5/2. He needs to pass Gayle's 76, and i was worried he'd run out of partners, but after this the bigger concern is that Taylor will overtake him anyway :ph34r:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand seems to have a very serious problem with bowling the opposition out once they've got through the main batsmen. I'm not sure if its a mental thing, or that our bowlers aren't suited to bowling out tail enders or what. But since the England series at the start of the year, the last 5 wickets have been taken for (on average) 22% more runs than the first five wickets.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Pleasantly surprised to see the Windies 6 down at tea, but with Taylor scoring a 50 it should be a lot better I suppose.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Should have them all out by now, scored 50 more runs than they should've, but a good effort by these two.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, great start after tea from Gillespie with the new ball...first three deliveries down the leg side, allowing Chanderpaul to complete yet another half century. He just does not look like being dismissed and if Taylor can keep playing his shots, New Zealand's lead's going to be all but gone towards the end of the day.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, great start after tea from Gillespie with the new ball...first three deliveries down the leg side, allowing Chanderpaul to complete yet another half century. He just does not look like being dismissed and if Taylor can keep playing his shots, New Zealand's lead's going to be all but gone towards the end of the day.
To be fair, it's been over two years since i saw a Chanderpaul innings where he looked like being dismissed.

Craig

World Traveller
New Zealand seems to have a very serious problem with bowling the opposition out once they've got through the main batsmen. I'm not sure if its a mental thing, or that our bowlers aren't suited to bowling out tail enders or what. But since the England series at the start of the year, the last 5 wickets have been taken for (on average) 22% more runs than the first five wickets.
IMO it is a mental thing. I guess you have to bowl to them like batsmen, not tail enders and thing they will get out cheaply. I guess you have to bowl to the tail as you would to Chris Gayle or Xavier Marshall (using the current WI team here for this example).

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Might be my imagination but I could've swore I heard one of the selectors mentioning that Gillespie is brought in because he can clean up the tail better than the others in contention.

inbox24

International Debutant
Dunno why the selectors didn't have either Southee or Martin in the team, just puzzling. Gillespie looks extremely ordinary in both ODs and tests with ball spraying, dunno how he averages 23 at FC level. This guy is the Bell or Sinclair of bowling.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tell you what these past couple of hours have been surreal. This is brilliant stuff from JT. Loving this Test match.

Craig

World Traveller
Looks like if Jacob Oram is play in the next Test, it will be as a batsman because there is a about as much chance of him bowling as Chris Martin getting to double figures with the bat against a real Test team.