• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
I actualy think that for the first time in his test career Gillespie has been unlucky. He's got the edge on numerous occassions.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
I really hope, with Martin and Southee dropped for this guy, we see him for the last time until Martin or Southee gets injured. What are the selectors smoking?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good luck to Mark Gillespie, somebody who I back to do well. Looks a good bowler visibly and has a superb domestic record, with 212 wickets at 23.90, with a strike rate of 45.7.
Mark Gillespie to have a solid series against West Indies. Striking every 40 balls...
Expect Gillespie to be shown the door for the next test (pie chucker) and Franklin has no place in the side if he can't bowl. He looked awful.

Taylor is awesome. Looked good in South Africa with the bat. :cool:

Flem274*

123/5
Martin didn't deserve to be dropped, but he would have made no difference. Neither would Southee. Both need either seam or swing to be capable of anything, and there is none here.

As I said, Gillespie has been unlucky and has bowled some good spells. Certainly he's done better than his last test, whatever the wicket column says. He showed in SA he is capable, but he's not worthy of an NZ test cap atm.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Martin didn't deserve to be dropped, but he would have made no difference. Neither would Southee. Both need either seam or swing to be capable of anything, and there is none here.

As I said, Gillespie has been unlucky and has bowled some good spells. Certainly he's done better than his last test, whatever the wicket column says. He showed in SA he is capable, but he's not worthy of an NZ test cap atm.
Mills needs swing as well, but he's done well with the ball, I'm sure Southee and Martin would have been deadly with the new pill. At least offer less runs than Gillespie

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
82 runs in boundaries in Taylor's 101 - says something about New Zealand's bowling. Credit to Taylor though, played in an attacking manner and hes now looking very comfortable in the middle.