• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Expect Gillespie to be shown the door for the next test (pie chucker) and Franklin has no place in the side if he can't bowl. He looked awful.

Taylor is awesome. Looked good in South Africa with the bat. :cool:
I dont know if Gillespie will be dumped after one game, but even if he is chosen for the next game, its in Napier, which is the best batting track in the country, and all the bowlers will probably struggle there, so it might get worse for Gillespie by being chosen for the next game.

If they do drop him, I feel a bit sorry for the poor bloke chosen to replace him at Napier.

You're right about franklin. He has been bowling 120-130kph most of the day and hasnt looked like getting a wicket. I hope its just a case of working out the cobwebs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor breakdown:

MR Gillespie 17 balls 27 runs
KD Mills 15 balls 16 runs
IE O'Brien 20 balls 22 runs
DL Vettori 30 balls 28 runs
JEC Franklin 16 balls 9 runs

Flem274*

123/5
Brilliant performance by Taylor, showing the New Zealand batsmen how its done
Tbf we actualy scored some runs, unlike the WI top order. But yes our ability to throw wickets away is on par with the WI, so I really have no reason to tell them off.

Jerome Taylor is probably the batsman of the series so far. What he needs now is to score more 50s and the occasional 100 to back this up.

Flem274*

123/5
Now us kiwis know how the other nations feel during the good ol' Vettori-Franklin Show. Bloody irritating. Damn good knock though, please don't do it again.:ph34r:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf we actualy scored some runs, unlike the WI top order. But yes our ability to throw wickets away is on par with the WI, so I really have no reason to tell them off.

Jerome Taylor is probably the batsman of the series so far. What he needs now is to score more 50s and the occasional 100 to back this up.
I was specifically meaning the way our batsmen struggle to get through the 80s & 90s