• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the pitch crumbles to dust, no matter how good you are, you've a substantial chance of failing.

If this pitch goes the way it seems to be going currently, I'd be surprised if India - or anyone - could chase 200 at the time such a chase will be happening, never mind much more.

And we have another ball-change.
True, but if it does start to crumble I reckon England are more likely to capitulate against the Indian spinners in the 3rd innings than India against the English bowlers in the 4th even if it does progressively worsen as you'd naturally expect. I know the theory kind of defies logic, but time will tell.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True, but if it does start to crumble I reckon England are more likely to capitulate against the Indian spinners in the 3rd innings than India against the English bowlers in the 4th even if it does progressively worsen as you'd naturally expect. I know the theory kind of defies logic, but time will tell.
I'd say both are fairly possible. And not just spinners, but seamers too.

Say India were to end-up with 276 midway through tomorrow. Could easily see both sides falling over for 160-170 if the bowling was good. And in Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Flintoff, Harbhajan Singh, MSP, Mishra and maybe Swann and Anderson it certainly could be just that.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed. England probably need a 100+ lead to stay in the game, imo.

Precambrian

Banned
Over Rate Alert - England behind by minimum 4 overs.

Boy, worst dismissal in test cricket after run out at the non-strikers end in the follow through. :tongue:

Zinzan

Richard, as someone well known for your wide diversity of knowledge and interest, I'm surprised you haven't been posting in the NZ/Aust or the NZ/WI threads in the last month or so. I've been curious as to why. You don't consider New Zealand to be minnow nation these days or anything like that do you? :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haven't Sky woken upto the metric system yet? Hate to get the calc everytime mph is mentioned.
We British still prefer some imperial measurements. KPH isn't that common over here yet. Generally most things show both KPH and MPH currently.

And yeah, that Laxman wicket came completely out of nowhere.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard, as someone well known for your wide diversity of knowledge and interest, I'm surprised you haven't been posting in the NZ/Aust or the NZ/WI threads in the last month or so. I've been curious as to why. You don't consider New Zealand to be minnow nation these days or anything like that do you? :happy:
I presume you don't often post in other non-NZ tour threads? I pretty well never post in tour threads that don't involve England, they just move far too fast.

Zinzan

I presume you don't often post in other non-NZ tour threads? I pretty well never post in tour threads that don't involve England, they just move far too fast.
Not regularly, but certainly from time to time over the years & I do seem to recall that you used to as well, but may be wrong. Presumably you'll make an exception to the rule once the SA/Aust series is underway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not regularly, but certainly from time to time over the years & I do seem to recall that you used to as well, but may be wrong. Presumably you'll make an exception to the rule once the SA/Aust series is underway.
Doubt it. And I used to post on non-England tour threads back in 2003, yeah, but things were much quieter then. Haven't really done since then.

Only started posting on England tour threads again in summer '07.