• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure I've ever seen you use a current player before TBH.

Was only about a year or so ago that you started using avatars at all, with the Beatles anniversary, and I think Steele was the first cricketer you'd used too?
Quite probably. It was around the time Monty was being touted as Sports Personality of the Year, and I remembered Steele getting the award one year.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And those who wanted Anderson get their wish too. Hope it's not too late in terms of condition of ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quite probably. It was around the time Monty was being touted as Sports Personality of the Year, and I remembered Steele getting the award one year.
MSP was being touted for it in 2006. You only put Steele up about 4-5 months ago didn't you? :unsure:

But yeah, Steele from nowhere to SPOTY in '75 was one hell of a story.

Precambrian

Banned
Unless he digs himself out of this hole, Dravid should be dropped (please retire) at the end of the series. Given that it's only a two-test series, he should definitely get both. No more chances after that, we have prospects waiting in the wings.
Another single digit innings in the 2nd innings and it could be Badrinath at No.3 next test.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Richard how much do you think Sachin will make this innings?

I'm guessing 122, what odds would you give me?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
MSP was being touted for it in 2006. You only put Steele up about 4-5 months ago didn't you? :unsure:

But yeah, Steele from nowhere to SPOTY in '75 was one hell of a story.
No, I think Steele had been there for ages. Perhaps not 2 years though. I dunno, to be honest.

With Swann, I suspect that one over may be way better than it ever gets for him in the future, so I thought I should make the most of it now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So Richard how much do you think Sachin will make this innings?

I'm guessing 122, what odds would you give me?
Dunno, I'm not a better. But he and Laxman are both looking superlative and as an England fan I'd not feel confident of getting them out any time soon.

Nonetheless, even the best look superlative then make a costly error from time to time and there's just no way to know when that's going to happen.

Either way, I really do think India need to get up to England's score, this pitch is starting to show signs of falling apart already. If England take a lead of even 30-40, that could turn-out to be crucial. Toss-decides-match, if you will.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Honestly, MSP appeals for some ridiculous things. That was barely hitting a fifth stump, never mind a fourth.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno, I'm not a better. But he and Laxman are both looking superlative and as an England fan I'd not feel confident of getting them out any time soon.

Nonetheless, even the best look superlative then make a costly error from time to time and there's just no way to know when that's going to happen.

Either way, I really do think India need to get up to England's score, this pitch is starting to show signs of falling apart already. If England take a lead of even 30-40, that could turn-out to be crucial. Toss-decides-match, if you will.
I'd still favour India even if England do get a 30 run lead to be perfectly honest. The Indian lineup rarely fails 2 innings in a row at home. Hope I'm wrong of course, always love to see the underdog win, but I really don't believe England have the class

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd still favour India even if England do get a 30 run lead to be perfectly honest. The Indian lineup rarely fails 2 innings in a row at home. Hope I'm wrong of course, always love to see the underdog win, but I really don't believe England have the class
If the pitch crumbles to dust, no matter how good you are, you've a substantial chance of failing.

If this pitch goes the way it seems to be going currently, I'd be surprised if India - or anyone - could chase 200 at the time such a chase will be happening, never mind much more.

And we have another ball-change.

Precambrian

Banned
If the pitch crumbles to dust, no matter how good you are, you've a substantial chance of failing.

If this pitch goes the way it seems to be going currently, I'd be surprised if India - or anyone - could chase 200 at the time such a chase will be happening, never mind much more.

And we have another ball-change.
AWTA, though I will not be surprised to see if Bangalore kind of situation happens again. Sehwag's dismissal was atrocious, because he looked way lazy playing that shot, despite being dismissed in a similar fashion by Broad in the ODIs. One mistake = Ok. Repetitive mistakes at this level = Not funny at all. Wouldnt mind if Kirsten or Dhoni gives him a good dressing down.