• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Blimey - left it at 29 for 1 and 10 minutes later they're 3 down. One of the better first overs in test cricket from Swann. :)
Cricinfo says nobody in test cricket has taken 2 wickets in the first over. Hand it to India, they always are superb hosts especially to debutant batsmen and spinners.

tooextracool

International Coach
Gambhir's marginal however I am all for giving it out when batsmen half-arse pad up without even thinking of using the bat.
Given the kind of appeal we saw the delivery before, he might well have been out before then anyways. They didnt show a good replay of it, and it mattered little since he was dismissed the very next delivery but it looked like a regular bat pad catch to short leg IMO.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo:

That's a pretty poor effort IMO.
Yup, there are some better ones around. I was waiting most of England's innings to use "Instant Sharma's going to get you" and then missed his one wicket.

That being said, most of the guys round here are too young to know that reference anyway.

Precambrian

Banned
Given the kind of appeal we saw the delivery before, he might well have been out before then anyways. They didnt show a good replay of it, and it mattered little since he was dismissed the very next delivery but it looked like a regular bat pad catch to short leg IMO.
Yeah, Anyway the pitch is still good and the next two have it in them to see India are at no further loss at stumps. Thanks to England for making this a lively contest after the zzz inducing batting.

Evermind

International Debutant
Yup, there are some better ones around. I was waiting most of England's innings to use "Instant Sharma's going to get you" and then missed his one wicket.

That being said, most of the guys round here are too young to know that reference anyway.
Sharma Sharma Sharma Sharma Sharma Chameleon...you come and bowl...you come and bowl.

All that aside, India setting themselves up for a spectacular loss.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great fightback from the Poms

For whatever reason, IMO the Eng bowlers match up well with the Indian bats and it wouldnt surprise me to see Flintoff and co roll them over here

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great fightback from the Poms

For whatever reason, IMO the Eng bowlers match up well with the Indian bats and it wouldnt surprise me to see Flintoff and co roll them over here

tooextracool

International Coach
India. :laugh:

Seriously mind, unbelievable that Graeme Swann is the first person to take two wickets in his opening Test over. Absolutely incredible.
Turns out Richard Johnson was numero uno against Zimbabwe in taking 2 wickets in his first over in test cricket. Obviously though his feat doesnt count because Zimbabwe didnt deserve to be classified test class.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If the reports about the pitch are to be believed then I'd be happy to see India match our first innings score. But now, given the early breakthroughs, I'd love to see us roll them over for 150. Go England, best team in the world :cool: