• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
It also pisses me off that someone cant have some common sense and add 2 hours to every day to make up for the lost time instead of the useless 30 minutes.

Craig

World Traveller
You Otago guys need to chill out a bit. I was just passing a light remark and you guys just respond with violent language. I actually love test cricket at grounds like Uni oval and Macca park but I was just frustated at the weather. I think maybe tests in dunedin should be saved for January/February when hopefully the weathers a bit clearer.

but seriously, in your words GAGFC if you are going to start these ridiculous rants at other forum members.
AWTA. Grounds like that is what cricket is about IMO. So refreshing then to see Tests at plays like Christchurch in a rugby stadium and therefore it is a lot smaller. Question, is Eden Park outer Oval big enough to hold a Test match or not? Eden Park (no.1 ) is quite frankly a disgrace of ground. Any n00b could hit sixes there.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You Otago guys need to chill out a bit. I was just passing a light remark and you guys just respond with violent language. I actually love test cricket at grounds like Uni oval and Macca park but I was just frustated at the weather. I think maybe tests in dunedin should be saved for January/February when hopefully the weathers a bit clearer.

but seriously, in your words GAGFC if you are going to start these ridiculous rants at other forum members.
Get over yourself, precious.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
AWTA.Question, is Eden Park outer Oval big enough to hold a Test match or not? Eden Park (no.1 ) is quite frankly a disgrace of ground. Any n00b could hit sixes there.
Eden park no2 is abut the size of my backyard. Its a shocker. The wicketkeeper stands about halfway to the boundary for medium pacers and anything that gets through the infield is almost automatically 4. Smallest ground Ive ever seen. I doubt it would be allowed by the icc as a test cricket ground, unless the Indian cricket board tell them its OK.

Polo23

International Debutant
Eden park no2 is abut the size of my backyard. Its a shocker. The wicketkeeper stands about halfway to the boundary for medium pacers and anything that gets through the infield is almost automatically 4. Smallest ground Ive ever seen. I doubt it would be allowed by the icc as a test cricket ground, unless the Indian cricket board tell them its OK.
Once Eden Park number 1 gets updated they are supposed to be making the outer oval to test match size..apparently it will only JUST reach the minimum requirements for size though.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
but if they miss a whole day then they wouldve had that break anyway so they should be able to cope with it.
That's ridiculous. That's like telling someone that took Monday and Tuesday off work that they should be fine working 20 hour days on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because they've "had that break".

Ludicrous.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
but if they miss a whole day then they wouldve had that break anyway so they should be able to cope with it.
Don't know about you but I'd bet we'd see fielding sides absolutely knackered in hot conditions if they had to field for an extra two hours on top of the required six hours all day, regardless of whether they've had a rest the previous day. I think a maximum of two half an hour extensions to the first and possibly final session would be the most appropriate and sensible approach.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
That's ridiculous. That's like telling someone that took Monday and Tuesday off work that they should be fine working 20 hour days on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because they've "had that break".

Ludicrous.
Hit the nail on the head, for mine.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Once Eden Park number 1 gets updated they are supposed to be making the outer oval to test match size..apparently it will only JUST reach the minimum requirements for size though.
How do the boundaries at the outer oval compare with the short square boundaries at Napier? If they're any shorter than those, I'd hope common sense would prevail and we'll just stick with the scheduled test grounds we're using at the moment.

Polo23

International Debutant
How do the boundaries at the outer oval compare with the short square boundaries at Napier? If they're any shorter than those, I'd hope common sense would prevail and we'll just stick with the scheduled test grounds we're using at the moment.
No idea...can't say i've ever been to McLean Park.