• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

J.P. Duminy Opinions & Predictions

grapedo

Banned
Well I think if you can prove that he has taken the most catches and dismissals in history then that proves it.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Well who wants to give a valid reason about what I have said or proved is dumb
Barry Bonds has hit the most Home Runs in the history of Major League Baseball.

Sachin Tendulkar has scored the most runs in the history of Test Cricket.

Doug Howlett has scored the most tries ever for the All Blacks.

Can you honestly say that these players were all the "best" at what they did simply because they achieved the "most" of something?

grapedo

Banned
Yes I can. And until you can name a keeper who is better than Boucher and prove why than I will stick to my guns thanks very much.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Argh everytime I see this thread I keep thinking JP Duminy is going to give us his opinions and predictions :(

grapedo

Banned
Argh everytime I see this thread I keep thinking JP Duminy is going to give us his opinions and predictions :(
Who's to say he isnt
here he is:
yeah I reckon i will hit a triple tonne in every test this summer to defeat australia.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes I can. And until you can name a keeper who is better than Boucher and prove why than I will stick to my guns thanks very much.
Jack Blackham was considerably better. Why? Because he missed less, and stood up to the stumps in the days when protection offered by wicketkeeping gloves was pretty slim.

There's no shortage of others who were better than Boucher too. A few examples, counting purely players who played Test cricket in the 20th-century: Bert Oldfield, George Duckworth, Leslie Ames, Keith Andrew, Bob Taylor, Don Tallon, Alan Knott, Syed Kirmani, Deryck Murray. There won't be any shortage of others either.

Last edited:

grapedo

Banned
Jack Blackham was considerably better. Why? Because he missed less, and stood up to the stumps in the days when protection offered by wicketkeeping gloves was pretty slim.

There's no shortage of others who were better than Boucher too. A few examples, counting purely players who played Test cricket in the 20th-century: Bert Oldfield, George Duckworth, Leslie Ames, Keith Andrew, Bob Taylor, Don Tallon, Alan Knott, Syed Kirmani, Deryck Murray. There won't be any shortage of others either.
None of them are better
sorry !:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, they are. Statistics can't tell you all that much about a wicketkeeper, unlike other cricketing skills. Hence, no amount of clueless posturing from someone who thinks the wicketkeeper with the most Test dismissals is the best will make the wicketkeeper with most Test dismissals the best wicketkeeper of all-time.

grapedo

Banned
Yes, they are. Statistics can't tell you all that much about a wicketkeeper, unlike other cricketing skills. Hence, no amount of clueless posturing from someone who thinks the wicketkeeper with the most Test dismissals is the best will make the wicketkeeper with most Test dismissals the best wicketkeeper of all-time.
yes they do
sorry :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You're a clueless pratt, and the sooner you get banned the better.

Not sorry.
I realise that he's very frustrating, but these sort of posts won't be tolerated. I suggest you take your own advice and just learn to ignore him; I get the feeling you won't have to do it for very long so it's not worth the risk.

Last edited: