• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The guy who took five - K Waingankar - only has one FC game in his career and a bunch of them have none?

EDIT: Oh, I thought it was the Mumbai FC side that played, not cricket association XI.

krkode

State Captain
The guy who took five - K Waingankar - only has one FC game in his career and a bunch of them have none?

EDIT: Oh, I thought it was the Mumbai FC side that played, not cricket association XI.
I was looking at that too.

Another odd thing I noticed is, when Vijay made his double-hundred that resulted in his test call up, he was actually in partnership with another batsman who made a triple-hundred in the same game.

But the triple centurion only had about 7 FC games under his belt. So it was a fair decision, I feel, it's a little premature to be bringing kids with almost no FC experience into the international fold.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, we got a whole 24h to gloat about the Aussies getting thrashed, and now cricinfo is back leading on 'Dismal England Humiliated'. :(

Precambrian

Banned

Peitersen plays it down
Cricinfo said:
Kevin Pietersen looked to play down the significance of his side's loss in their second and final warm-up match in Mumbai, insisting his players were "all right" after the 124-run defeat.

"I think the guys are all right, we just need to turn our heads on now and make sure we start on Friday," he said. "Today and what happened the other day doesn't really count in the grand scheme of things. What counts is the internationals.

"This really doesn't matter, but it has taught us a few quick lessons."
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/377875.html

Nice Tattoo btw.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a terrible performance, saved a little by the 34 run 10 wicket partnership.

What happended to Shah?

biased indian

International Coach
I was looking at that too.

Another odd thing I noticed is, when Vijay made his double-hundred that resulted in his test call up, he was actually in partnership with another batsman who made a triple-hundred in the same game.

But the triple centurion only had about 7 FC games under his belt. So it was a fair decision, I feel, it's a little premature to be bringing kids with almost no FC experience into the international fold.
Vijay was selected with input from Ganguly as well he was part of the india A side that ganguly played before the start of the test series

Lambu

U19 Debutant

Yep the FC side is playing in the Ranji match today..

I'm also surprised by the performances of these guys.Just checked their profiles.Waigankar has played 1 FC game and the other kid Rahil Shaikh hasn't played any!! He just turned 18 and is classified as "right arm fast" in cricinfo..how reliable are their descriptions?

Precambrian

Banned
What a side that XI is? Nobody has played more than 9 FC matches, and atleast 3 are playing in their first recognised match!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow, we got a whole 24h to gloat about the Aussies getting thrashed, and now cricinfo is back leading on 'Dismal England Humiliated'. :(
What a terrible performance, saved a little by the 34 run 10 wicket partnership.
I just don't get it. Why on Earth does anyone give a flying ****?

This game was an utterly meaningless 12-a-sider.

Start thinking about caring in the fairly likely event this happens in the ODIs soon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a side that XI is? Nobody has played more than 9 FC matches, and atleast 3 are playing in their first recognised match!
This isn't a recognised match. Games of cricket are played between teams comprised of 11, not 12, players.

This is a practice session in the middle and no more.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This isn't a recognised match. Games of cricket are played between teams comprised of 11, not 12, players.

This is a practice session in the middle and no more.
I just don't get it. Why on Earth does anyone give a flying ****?

This game was an utterly meaningless 12-a-sider.

Start thinking about caring in the fairly likely event this happens in the ODIs soon.
If this was a proper 11-a-side game that'd be embarrassing... but being a pointless near-waste-of-time net-in-the-middle 12-a-sider, I just could not give a stuff.

Roll on the ODIs.

Last edited: