• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to IPL 2009.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Pipe dream.

The BCCI agreeing to such a play-off would equate to them legitimizing the ICL.

Besides I can't see the logic in the composition of the ICL teams. Atleast the IPL had franchise owners picking players based on factors they deemed important, and had a loyalty element to it. The ICL, with the exception of the Lahore and Dhaka teams, seems to be composed of teams with randomly distributed players. Heck most of the ICL teams don't even play a single game in their supposed home city.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hasn't the SLC defaulted on payments to players because they had no money? Wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they were to pressure the players out of going to the IPL if that was the case.

brockley

International Captain
Modi came out and said symmo should play for australia,why doesn't he come out and say the same thing to the srilankan players.I guess 13 players is way too many.
IPL was never meant to superside internationals,IPL moving to becoming a rebel league like ICL.

duffer

Modi came out and said symmo should play for australia,why doesn't he come out and say the same thing to the srilankan players.I guess 13 players is way too many.
IPL was never meant to superside internationals,IPL moving to becoming a rebel league like ICL.
Dude, so when the BCCI actually do anything they get criticised, now a situation arises where they haven't actually done anything and they get criticised for that too.

This is on the Lankan board and how they pay their players.

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Wondering if KP and Freddiee can be of any impact to the team's success in the next year's edition if they end up playing....

pup11

International Coach
Dude, so when the BCCI actually do anything they get criticised, now a situation arises where they haven't actually done anything and they get criticised for that too.

This is on the Lankan board and how they pay their players.
One can't expect BCCI to poke its nose in everyone' business, it has got nothing to do with what the Sri Lankan sports minister says to its cricket board, its their internal matter, if they personally are willing to send their players to play in IPL ahead of the English tour then why would BCCI have a problem with that.

If these players were to go against their cricket board to play in the IPL then only BCCI could have said something against them or stopped them from playing in the IPL.

duffer

If these players were to go against their cricket board to play in the IPL then only BCCI could have said something against them or stopped them from playing in the IPL.
Not possibly for the players to do so. They need signed permission from their own board to play in the IPL, so if the Lankan board do give them consent then why would the BCCI turn them back?

pup11

International Coach
Not possibly for the players to do so. They need signed permission from their own board to play in the IPL, so if the Lankan board do give them consent then why would the BCCI turn them back?
I meant if the Sri Lankan players were to threaten the SLC that they were going to retire if they aren't allowed to play in IPL or something like that, then it would have been understandable for anyone to expect the BCCI to intervene in the matters, but when the SLC themselves are willing to let there players play in the IPL ahead of an international tour, why would the BCCI have a problem with that.

duffer

That threat is futlie. If they retire they still need permission from the SLC to go play IPL, or they have to wait 3 years.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It was pretty daft to schedule this tour in the first place. There's stacks of international cricket in England next year anyway... five tests, an ODI series, a T20 world cup and some more T20s against Australia. More is just overkill.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There is a contract between ECB & Sky for seven Tests, though. It was naive to think that the Zimbabwe Tests were ever going to go ahead, mind.

pup11

International Coach
England players must play majority of IPL - Modi

Interesting situation building up here, there is a definite conflict of interest between both ECB and BCCI, ECB doesn't have much to gain by allowing their players to play in the IPL, so they have asked BCCI to release their 20 players for their prospective T20 tournament but BCCI probably is not too keen to go ahead with this deal on ECB' terms, the English players are certainly not going to be too happy with this development, so i guess a confrontational situation between the English players and ECB could be just around the corner.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The ECB amuses me. All talk and no action. First there was all that hot air talk about some sheikhs in the UAE sponsoring their grand Champions League. Puff of smoke. Noe they're trying to work out a deal around an EPL that isn't even off the ground yet. How about they actually get something concrete running before trying to sit at the grownups table?

brockley

International Captain
The ecb wanna get rid of the ICL players out of the comp if the IPL is to release indians to play in it.Last year 15 counties had ICL players.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This Modi fellow & this IPL brand is getting very irritating now, they are just bullying the ICC. They don't care about the future of this game, just want to make money out of cricket via 20/20.

Will the real ICC please stand up...