• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do we have any current (or past) Firstclass cricketers on this forum??

Legglancer

State Regular
Well as a matter of fact one of the best opening bats of our time, Nacholas De Groot is a frequent visitor of this site.

He even was willing to do an interview for this page sometime after the 2003 WC at his peak popularity.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I find that one doubtful.

And as the only man ever to shout "Bring on Rikki" during a Championship game, I feel offended :p
If only he reads this :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Legglancer said:
Well as a matter of fact one of the best opening bats of our time, Nacholas De Groot is a frequent visitor of this site.
Hope he never visited the CW bar then!

Craig

World Traveller
Tamara said:
you probably are accountable for his cricket career being so rocky because you made him lose all confidence in himself
If so, he knew what he what is getting into when goes and looks at a cricket forum.

I mean it is not as though he was expecting to see threads called "We love Rikki Clarke" (unless this was a Rikki Clarke fan site), did he?

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
I trialled for Somerset with a couple of guys who are breaking in to the side at the moment..

Big winter for me, I want/need to do very well at club level in South Africa.. But my chance is more or less gone..
Go and read Shaun Tait's player profile on cricinfo and you will see at one point he was struggling in Adelaide C grade cricket (not so sure about the standard of it compared to Melbourne or Sydney) and now he is one of the selected people to wear the Baggy Green (I mean we haven't yet got to 400).

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I recon my mate Dommo will play cricket for Vic, he has the potential (plays for Vermont, Richmond, Melbourne and Whitefriars regularily) however his is one of those sad tales where he may never be bothered, hence his tallent may be wasted.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I recon my mate Dommo will play cricket for Vic, he has the potential (plays for Vermont, Richmond, Melbourne and Whitefriars regularily) however his is one of those sad tales where he may never be bothered, hence his tallent may be wasted.
Dom Mattorazzo? (sp)

He ain't too bad, should play Vic U/19s this year.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I once took four wickets off the first four deliveries of a match in a tournament in Delhi. Three of those batsmen were first class cricketers.