• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wattato tomorrow. Amped.

Ponting and Katich just brilliant. Hussey looking good aswell. Top day of cricket realleh, looking forward to seeing some highlights.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If White makes a century but gets carted does he keep his place in the team?
It depends how Watson goes.

If Watson's bowling is poor and doesn't make too many, you'd have to keep White and bring in another bat, wouldn't you?

pup11

International Coach
White will ****ing own, mark my words. With bat and ball.
With the bat he would do well to contribute some valuable runs tomorrow, but i can't see him owning anybody either with the bat and definitely can't see him owning a soul with his bowling, i don't think even White expects to trouble any batsmen with his bowling.

Fezza_8600

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by Craig
I have to laugh sometimes, every time a bad decision goes against India, it is a conspiracy and said umpire is racist, useless, anti-India and all the insults you can name under the sun.
You have been easily succumbed to the biased media portrayals. Of course with a country like India, cricket is taken very seriously by fanatics and other sorts of extremists that dwell in Asia, again, most predominantly India. The media shows the so called 'conspiracies'.

On that note, what I said about whatever happening to India whenever a decision goes wrong against them I don't fully go against it. I don't think that every LBW appeal that's turned town is either fixed or Anti-India, I go with whatever I feel is a right or wrong umpiring decision.

Let's leave it at that.

Julian87

State Captain
With the bat he would do well to contribute some valuable runs tomorrow, but i can't see him owning anybody either with the bat and definitely can't see him owning a soul with his bowling, i don't think even White expects to trouble any batsmen with his bowling.
As I said, mark my words.

pup11

International Coach
Clark to take a 5fer tomorrow or whenever we bowl.
I agree with this, the limelight is on Lee, but Stuey Clark is the most important bowler on such tracks, bowling his cutters with nagging accuracy, attacking the stumps and letting the pitch do the rest.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with this, the limelight is on Lee, but Stuey Clark is the most important bowler on such tracks, bowling his cutters with nagging accuracy, attacking the stumps and letting the pitch do the rest.
Plus, he's bowling well I reckon. I saw enough in the ODI series against Bangladesh to be safe in that, even if it was only against Bangladesh. He was rushing the strokes of even their guns. Either he's bowling quicker or just bowling with a heavy ball right now. He's primed for a big one.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tempted to go dig up posts from a couple years back that criticize Katich (H) Love to see him come back so well, so gun.

Top_Cat

Tempted to go dig up posts from a couple years back that criticize Katich (H) Love to see him come back so well, so gun.
Surely one of the more unlikely comebacks of all time, certainly in Australian history and certainly because it's happened quite quickly. It really is the way it should be; unfashionable player gets dropped, goes back to his state and makes tons of runs, breaking a few records along the way, rewarded by being put back in the side, more runs. Fantastic stuff.

EDIT: I do remember being one of the few guys to defend him too.....

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Surely one of the more unlikely comebacks of all time, certainly in Australian history and certainly because it's happened quite quickly. It really is the way it should be; unfashionable player gets dropped, goes back to his state and makes tons of runs, breaking a few records along the way, rewarded by being put back in the side, more runs. Fantastic stuff.

Yeah, he's not simply just put in decent scores that means he'd get considered for tours, but has actually bashed the door down and gotten ahead of someone who was doing quite well (Jaques).
A testament to the man imo, who (I hope) will end up finishing test cricket with an average over 40, which is far more reflective of his ability and talent.
'05 will be the second most low-point of his career, as the following tests at home in Australia where he failed and was rightly dropped allowed him to fix up his game and come back hungrier and a better player than he already was.

As far as people defending him go, I think the list is fairly short - you, Fuller and myself AFAIR. Though, I don't think I was very active at that time to be fair to you guys.

irfan

State Captain

Yea Kat was solid as this morning, just got stuck in and accumulated - got a new nick for him - Anchorman.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Clark will definitely be the key.

It's kinda funny that everyone was writing him off about how he's a "seam bowler" and won't be effective on subcontinental tracks. This pitch will be perfect for him, it's going to be cracked with uneven bounce by the third day, and if Australia bat well tomorrow and make a big score, he'll be extremely tough to deal with.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!
AWTA so much. If his innings today isn't enough to cast aside peoples doubts about his standing as a great, then I really don't know what else they can ask of him.

Top_Cat

AWTA so much. If his innings today isn't enough to cast aside peoples doubts about his standing as a great, then I really don't know what else they can ask of him.
Watch for the predicted "So what? It's only one series" from the anti side of the Ponting debate.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I agree with TC.

Don't mistake this pitch for a total road, it's got some tricks in it. New ball does a bit, seems very hard to time your shots early on and the occasional ball is keeping low. I guess it could really flatten out tomorrow but I'd be surprised. Batting wasn't exactly hard today but it wasn't easy either.

If Australia can make it to 400+ tomorrow that'll be fine if they bowl well. Advantage Australia right now.

Plus, Watto tomorrow... so pumped.
Question is, can they get 400+. Batting will be reasonably comfortable on day 2 but India can strike early and restrict Australia to 350ish. If they do that, they get to play a chunk of day 2 giving them the advantage.

As I see it, the pitch will start to show it's true colors day 3 onwards. If Australia can get 400+, it is definitely advantage Australia as they have the runs on the board. Else, India can stack up 400-450 and put the pressure on Australia. The longer Australia bats, the better it is for them as India gets to play on a worse pitch.

According to me, it is evenly placed right now and can go either way.

Last edited: