• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In front of who? Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have been doing well haven't they?

Nice interview though. From the articles he writes on Cricinfo occasionally he comes across as an extremely intelligent cricketer and it’s also interesting to hear he takes advice from Tatenda Taibu...
Yes this. Unless they're thinking of moving Gambhir into the middle order Chopra has no chance of a game this series.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ Matthews aswell. Well and truly lost the plot these days. Would love to see him play for Australia tbh. If he bowled well, then tops, and his batting and fielding would be hilarious.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd say Bolly would only be an option if the Aussies had already lost the series and were looking to blood someone new. He'd have to have pretty irresistable form to get in front of Johnson.
I'll be interested to see if he even plays in the warm up matches. His record on the A tour in Pakistan was pretty good, and he wan't the worst ont he recent A tour to India either.

howardj

International Coach
Plays havoc with work, does an India tour. Last tour back in 2004, I was starting work at like 6:30am and sneaking out at about 3pm to see most of the day's play. Think I might have to crank it up even more this year and start at 6ish, and then sneak out past reception at a quiet early afternoon moment

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pot, kettle, etc. etc. etc.
Not Really. How would you call someone an over-rated run getter when he has been the highest run accumulator of his generation in International Cricket ? There was not twisting of the stats to prove my point.

Otoh Ricky is best batsman since sir Don, is an opinion and can be respected. But if anyone dared to disagree with that, the forum will be splashed with statistical lies and insulting and demeaning remarks towards other greats with mocking expressions pages after pages.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sanz.. I understand where you are coming from but to be fair to Kazo, he has deleted a couple of posts and has basically stopped posting about Ponting after my post. Whatever your disagreements be with him, I am sure you can at least respect him in this matter. WE can very well reopen some existing comparison thread where you can all go at it about Ponting V Sachin or whatever...

But at least for this thread, I am sure you can respect the fact that he has not posted about that stuff again after my request.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My point was, in short, why is Tendulkar equal with Chappell when as it is - and even at his peak - his record is not even near as good as Ponting's. Yet Ponting, who's record even now is superior, cannot compare with Tendulkar, let alone Chappell.
Because you don't judge a batsman by his peak, but by his overall record; and the fact that Tendulkar has had an overall record for 20 years now almost as good as the overall record that Ponting is maintaining for 14 years speaks for itself...Add to that the fact that Ponting never had to face McGrath and Warne and in stead faced Zaheer and Kumble in their place...

Yes, if Ponting averaged something like 62 then he surely would have surpassed Sachin by now..But given his current record he has to maintain the same overall record for say another 4-5 years at least to surpass what Sachin has achieved...

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not Really. How would you call someone an over-rated run getter when he has been the highest run accumulator of his generation in International Cricket ? There was not twisting of the stats to prove my point.

Otoh Ricky is best batsman since sir Don, is an opinion and can be respected. But if anyone dared to disagree with that, the forum will be splashed with statistical lies and insulting and demeaning remarks towards other greats with mocking expressions pages after pages.
It seems you meant something by "statistical Guantanamo" other than i had interpreted.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
OK, does anyone think Bollinger a realistic chance to play in the 1st test? I'd hoped so, but given they're taking in a novice spinner, it seems likely they'd stick with Johnson.

Thoughts?
I really don't have any faith in Johnson being a wicket-taking option in India, but unfortunately i have not seen Bollinger bowl so i'm in a bit of a quandary here. Look i would picked Tait, but for for some odd reason he doesn't feel he is test match material:wacko:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
It was more in context to Ponting' statement that Watson would have played in the first test even if Symonds was avaliable for this tour, so that didn't made much sense to me, because Symonds and Watson atm are virtually contesting for the same spot in the side.
Generally yes. But for this series i'd say given the question marks over Australia's bowling attack, having both of them in the side would give the side a good all-round balance in Indian conditions. Very encouraging to see Ponting thinking along those lines.