• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or may be that is why more people rate him best of his generation. No one really gives a **** if SRT has an average that is less than Mohammad Nawaz or Dion Nash. They dont look at his averages to form the opinion why he is the best of his generation.

As for his run getting ability - Yeah certainly it is over-rated...12000 Test Runs and 16000 ODIs with 39 and 42 100s. Ridiculously Over rated batsman.
Shan't be biting at that.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm so over these old-fashioned tours where there's ages until the first test starts. Can't they just get on with it already?!

pup11

International Coach
I'm so over these old-fashioned tours where there's ages until the first test starts. Can't they just get on with it already?!
Such a situation has aroused due to the postponement of CT, had CT taken place as schedule then i don't think Australia would have had so much time to acclimatise to the Indian conditions.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Guys, can we NOT use the tour thread for player V player comparisons and rankings??? I am sure someone can start a "Where do you rate Ponting?" thread for this purpose... Cool it.. :)
Nah, we must accept that Ricky Boy is the best one since Bradman else we will be subjected to statistical Guantanamo.

Burgey

There have been some reports here this morning that Kumble is under pressure to retain the captaincy, with Dhoni supporters pressing for him to get the job.

Any word of that in India at all?

Burgey

It seems to be common knoweldge that McGain is unable to bowl, especially those who haven't necessarily seen much of him.

Top_Cat

Haha, love Mo. I bet he'd bowl well too. His batting and fielding these days might be a bit under par, though.....

EDIT: ""I could run in and steel myself for five days and do the business. I was happy with my form last summer, and I'm sure my statistics could have been even better had a few catches not been dropped and lbw appeals not turned down."

Some things never change...

Last edited:

Burgey

OK, does anyone think Bollinger a realistic chance to play in the 1st test? I'd hoped so, but given they're taking in a novice spinner, it seems likely they'd stick with Johnson.

Thoughts?

howardj

International Coach
OK, does anyone think Bollinger a realistic chance to play in the 1st test? I'd hoped so, but given they're taking in a novice spinner, it seems likely they'd stick with Johnson.

Thoughts?
As I read it, Doug is on standby if Mitch underperforms in the early Tests like he did in the West Indies. To make the 1st Test team though, Doug would need to bowl the house down in both the two warm up matches.

Top_Cat

I'd say Bolly would only be an option if the Aussies had already lost the series and were looking to blood someone new. He'd have to have pretty irresistable form to get in front of Johnson.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Interview with Chopra

Can we please pick him? Please?
In front of who? Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have been doing well haven't they?

Nice interview though. From the articles he writes on Cricinfo occasionally he comes across as an extremely intelligent cricketer and it’s also interesting to hear he takes advice from Tatenda Taibu...