• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We're obviously the best ODI side in the world, why change anything? :ph34r:

I believe we're scheduled to get underway at 4.30 with 43 overs each. Means I'll get to watch most of the match (Y)

Mind you,. I expect it will end in a T20 D/l chase

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taste of what is to come at Cardiff, statistically the only place worse than Old Trafford for weather, at least at Old Trafford you get a decent cricket wicket as well.
Yep. Crap weather, crap drainage, crap pitch, crap capacity.

I'm sure there's something positive about the ground but I've yet to hear it.

Scaly piscine

Ah, yea that's a good thing.

TMS complaining about their view being obscured by framework, saying the ground has the shortest straight boundary in Test cricket.

Scaly piscine

Gibbs gone and they're all back off to watch the rain fail and then watch the groundstaff fanny about for another 90-120 minutes because the drainage is piss poor and they're understaffed/clueless.

Shambles.

social

Just watching the park cricket that's on Sky during the rain break

They had an opening bowler from Aberdeen, I think, who had to be the worst chucker I've ever seen

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Gibbs gone and they're all back off to watch the rain fail and then watch the groundstaff fanny about for another 90-120 minutes because the drainage is piss poor and they're understaffed/clueless.

Shambles.
They really need to sort this if they want to be a proper Test match venue. I just hope it doesnt rain during the Ashes test next year.

pup11

International Coach
Well English hopes of whitewashing the Proteas got washed away, but the way the game started yesterday with South Africa losing a quick wicket early in the innings, nobody would have ruled out England winning yesterday's game either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I said yesterday, it was a whitewash in my book :ph34r:
Interestingly, if those 3 overs yesterday hadn't happened, it basically would be. As it is, it's not.

It's strange that games which have no deliveries bowled are basically treated as if they were never even scheduled, whereas those which get started (and the toss is counted as the start, not the opening delivery) are obviously no-results.

pup11

International Coach
What do you guys make of Sophia gardens as an Ashes test venue, is it ready and good enough for it??
This is what Freddie has to say about it:
"It's damp. It's better than last time I came. It's not Old Trafford, but it's all right."
Andrew Flintoff struggles to get enthusiastic about Cardiff's new-look stadium, the venue for next year's first Ashes Test