• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would any one of these two open the batting for any other major team in ODI cricket?

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I cannot understand the point of Ian Bell, or what the hell is going through the guy's mind. Less than three per over. The only aggression we've seen is when he's been dealt dross on his pads and everything else ends up being driven at cover. He is using balls, starving Prior of the strike - who is presently getting one ball an over and getting bugger all rhythm, killing the run rate and playing into South Africa's arms.

It's aimless and counter-productive and I am utterly fed up of him wasting an England shirt by looking pretty and doing **** all.

kingkallis

International Coach
Its nothing NEW to Philander, he is ****in PRO @ dropping sitters...

Take a look :

10.5 Nel to Prior, no run, dropped, and it's an absolute sitter, one of the easiest catches you can hope to get, Prior was beaten by a slower ball on a good length just outside off stump, he tried to drive and took one hand off the bat as he chipped the ball tamely towards mid-off, Philander was the fielder and the ball came to him at head height at a gentle pace, it hit his hands and fell right out
----
9.1 van der Wath to Uthappa, no run, short one banged in outside the off stump, Uthappa goes for another front-foot pull. The ball balloons up towards mid-on. Vernon Philander drops a clanger. He just doesn't watch the ball properly and lets it pop out of his hand. Graeme Smith is not amused. That was a sitter
----
14.1 JA Morkel to Flintoff, 1 run, outside off and has Philander just dropped the match? Flintoff cut away on the back foot firmly to him inside the cover boundary

England 75/0 after 19 overs

Neil Pickup

I got all excited for a moment there when I noticed Bell split the infield. Then I noticed there was a cover sweeper. Not wanting to sound like Botham - but SEVENTY BALLS between boundaries. In the Powerplays. With no wickets down. On a wicket doing nothing through the air or off the pitch.

Thank ****, Bell's out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sounds like the end to a painful innings. Someone tell Bell that this is the ODI series, thanks.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not wanting to sound like Botham - but SEVENTY BALLS between boundaries. In the Powerplays. With no wickets down. On a wicket doing nothing through the air or off the pitch.
Heh, England's ODI side has always been like that to me. Hopefully Shah can get it done now.

Neil Pickup

Heh, England's ODI side has always been like that to me. Hopefully Shah can get it done now.
Bell - 47 dot balls out of 72 - that's 65%, which is the same sort of territory as Oxfordshire Under 10s have managed this season. I can let them off, as they're nine years olds and haven't played 70 ODIs.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I love England.. 75 odd for 1.. Good start, need to accelarate though.. Who do you send in? The worlds best batsman, or someone who averages 27?

Yes thats right boys, send in the guy who averages 27..

I'd be so angry if I was an England supporter, it's just basic stuff..

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bell - 47 dot balls out of 72 - that's 65%, which is the same sort of territory as Oxfordshire Under 10s have managed this season. I can let them off, as they're nine years olds and haven't played 70 ODIs.
Tbf Bell looks like he's a 9yo sometimes.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
England 0/148 after 50 overs is my prediction.
:laugh:

Dale Steyn's opening spell shows that he continues to be a liability in ODI cricket. He leaks runs and does not take many wickets and interestingly enough, he tends to bowl slower in ODI cricket than in Tests. I do wonder why he doesn't used the yorker oriented style that he used in the T20 against West Indies.

England's bowling attack seems extremely strong and I expect it to take England to victory. Broad, Anderson, Harmison and Flintoff in England must be one of the most potent ODI forces around. Wright over Swann really is a baffling move though, as Swann is the better bowler, who offers variety and Wright's batting is likely wasted at eight.

Are both the Morkels injured?