• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Something has to be decided by world cricket whereby if a catch is claimed, then you take the word. Otherwise, this will continue ad infinitum.
thats what she said.

Seriously though, both catches were clearly out, this one more so than the Strauss one but as long as they are referred to the third umpire they will keep being given not out. personally, i think the fielders word needs to be taken.
Would be nice if we could still do that, but given what happened in the Oz/India series when Punter & Kumble had come to a gentleman's agreement to accept the fielder's word, I think it'd be folly. Very sad in its way, but such are the times.

Anyway, Ambrose making a pretty compelling case for anyone but him. Why wouldn't he at least go for that?!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't read his post like that; I read it that he meant the keeper's batting wasn't important because we have Flintoff at seven. And if Flintoff finds some real form with the blade, then a keeper averaging just under 30 is acceptable, IMO.
Just under 30 is no easy task for an English wicketkeeper... who can catch.

chalky

International Debutant
Looking a great post so far.

You gimp.
Yeah he has bowled well at Smith so far this innings - and although he has improved a bit this summer I still don't rate him that highly and would prefer Hoggard in the side (presuming Sidebottom is fully fit).

Thought the gimp bit was bit out of order but what ever makes you feel big.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there's any justice Panesar should be playing for his regular place here. The odd nicked wicket from tons of overs should not be good enough.