• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Napier16

Banned
I wonder why the England batsmen had no problem with Morkel who is taller than Flintoff yet the Saffies are doing Stevie Wonder impressions every time the ball is full?
Because Morkell isn't capable of bowling it anywhere near the batsman might have something to do with it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it wasn't great, but got to take the situation into this stuff, wouldn't be human if you weren't annoyed in these circumstances.

Anyway, more whiny they get the more they're gonna do the "c" word again, IMHO.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, it wasn't great, but got to take the situation into this stuff, wouldn't be human if you weren't annoyed in these circumstances.

Certainly if this was roles reversed I would be annoyed. But it is not bad sportsmanship. SA can't pick a Flintoff yorker. Full stop.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Monty has got to calm down, that was out, and it's not been giving coz he's appealing for everything.

It was ****ing out..

gio

U19 Cricketer
Not great for relations this game. Clearly out.

Don't know what Smith's problem is, the SAfricans appeals are ridiculous at times.

chalky

International Debutant

Chuck? I didn't think Botha was playing:ph34r:

nexxus

U19 Debutant
It isn't that they can't pick it, it's not as if he's Shane Warne bowling flippers. They can't see the ball leaving his hand. I'd guess it's a simple case of Flintoff being exactly the right height to take advantage of some spot above the sightscreen. Morkel's taller than him, so he's bowling from above that spot.

Really annoying that 2 batsmen are out because Edgebaston's sightscreen was bought 2nd hand from a village team.

****!! Prince's gone. No sidescreen involved there.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
High quality Test cricket - gripping, enthralling, challenging, controversial.

Unrelated - who the hell's twelfth man?

Napier16

Banned
Really annoying that 2 batsmen are out because Edgebaston's sightscreen was bought 2nd hand from a village team.
Not as annoying as the LBW rule only applying to one side, IMO.

Unlike the sightscreen, that's a condition which isn't the same for both teams.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope, completely the opposite for me. Didn't look right on first viewing.

Immediately had doubt about height.

And no sympathy, poor decision. And lack of consistency after Collingwood.
Poor decision? You're 'avin a laugh. Perfectly understandable decision. It passed a fraction of a centimetre over the top. Quite reasonable decision IMO.

chalky

International Debutant
We owe the Saffies some bad officiating after that Cueto 'try' wasn't given in the rugby world cup final:laugh: