• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Briony

International Debutant
Except Tom England was looking down the barrel yesterday and had Colly be given out early today as he should have they could have set under 250.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Really really poor from England's tail again. Twice when England were getting into a good position, someone throws it away. First Pietersen, now the tail. Stupid.

pasag

RTDAS
Should be a great chase. Would have tipped SA, but with Freddy back, I reckon England are a good chance.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Really really poor from England's tail again. Twice when England were getting into a good position, someone throws it away. First Pietersen, now the tail. Stupid.
The only one of the tail who I'd criticize here is Anderson. Sidebottom put on fifty with Collingwood, and Panesar didn't face a ball.

Criticizing the tail is harsh given what the last four wickets yielded, it's the top order that needs far more criticizing.

gio

U19 Cricketer
The only one of the tail who I'd criticize here is Anderson. Sidebottom put on fifty with Collingwood, and Panesar didn't face a ball.

Criticizing the tail is harsh given what the last four wickets yielded, it's the top order that needs far more criticizing.
Whilst Sidebottom did really well, he played at one he really needn't have. Anderson's shot was poor.

pasag

RTDAS
Monty's really going to have to justify his place in the side here. This is what he's here for. Cmon England anyways!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Whilst Sidebottom did really well, he played at one he really needn't have. Anderson's shot was poor.
Tbh I'd say he just got a ball that was too good for a tailender.

I just think there's a lot of fickleness in here atm which I'm struggling to comprehend tbh.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson's shot was poor.
It just wasn't one poor shot, he's a tail-ender I could forgive him for that, but he wafted the bat aimlessly for the entire over. Utterly brainless, he should of been delighted the ball wasn't bowled at the stumps, and left it all alone.

cover drive man

International Captain
Think England will need a few of wickets within the next 20ish overs to win this. And I dont have to much confidence in this side.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbh I'd say he just got a ball that was too good for a tailender.

I just think there's a lot of fickleness in here atm which I'm struggling to comprehend tbh.
Well your right, I would of taken Ryan's innings when he came in, top stuff.

It's just a bit tense at the moment and people are venting, I think.

It's not enough runs IMO, Saffies by 6 wickets, on another pitch which has deadened out.