• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

chalky

International Debutant
I don't think they should be going on word exactly, but they've got to more 'clever' when they look at these replays as surely everyone knows about fore-shortening and all of this.
Didn't Dermot Reeve do some tests on this a few years ago for Channel 4 which proved that you could get your fingers underneath without it showing on the TV pictures.

pasag

RTDAS
thats what she said.

Seriously though, both catches were clearly out, this one more so than the Strauss one but as long as they are referred to the third umpire they will keep being given not out. personally, i think the fielders word needs to be taken.
Haha your first joke ever? Congrats! :p :laugh:

jammay123

State 12th Man
if only the english batsmen showed this sort of application in the first innings this game would most likely beyond doubt by now.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
if only the english batsmen showed this sort of application in the first innings this game would most likely beyond doubt by now.
Even in this innings its only really 2 batsmen who have performed. Guess you can also include Sidebottom too now.

chalky

International Debutant
Anderson farming the strike I hope this doesn't come back to haunt England

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
stupid stuff this, from sidebottom first and now anderson. i can understand the bowlers not thinking much about the ability of our batters but to go out there and play shots as though they are top order batters is ludicrous.