• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

pasag

RTDAS
Ambrose seems to get bowled a lot. Fairly surprised Fox are showing this from the start tonight. Would love to see Collingwood going for a tonk although the new ball isn't really conducive for that.

Felt for Vaughan yesterday, was a stunning catch from Amla but I thought he could really go on for a big one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ambrose seems to get bowled a lot.
With his technique, it's not particularly surprising. It wouldn't matter quite so much if he didn't also get out playing shots that should be his strength as often as he so far in his Test career has.

tooextracool

International Coach
seems ironic that our entire hopes for the series rest solely upon the man who less than 24 hours was being booed out of the ground.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Morne is showing just how raw he is with his inaccuracy in this Test. In my opinion, Morkel needs simply to pitch the ball in the right area to succeed in England, as he gets bounce anywhere and hits the seam well. I think that perhaps, he is putting too much effort in with his body, which as Botham said, affects him when he goes around the wicket. Morkel is stuck in no mans land currently, bowling 80-85mph (whereas he can bowl 85-90mph) with inaccuracy.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Morne is showing just how raw he is with his inaccuracy in this Test. In my opinion, Morkel needs simply to pitch the ball in the right area to succeed in England, as he gets bounce anywhere and hits the seam well. I think that perhaps, he is putting too much effort in with his body, which as Botham said, affects him when he goes around the wicket. Morkel is stuck in no mans land currently, bowling 80-85mph (whereas he can bowl 85-90mph) with inaccuracy.
Tbh, I don't see what the fuss is all about, I really don't rate the bloke much at all. If he could sort the line out he'd go a long way to being a good Test bowler but as it is, his line is shocking. Length isn't much better either.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh, I don't see what the fuss is all about, I really don't rate the bloke much at all. If he could sort the line out he'd go a long way to being a good Test bowler but as it is, his line is shocking. Length isn't much better either.
He bowls spells of very good accuracy and his natural abilities persevere in tough conditions, that is to say that he has got massive bounce in India. Despite his bowling in this Test series, he can really crank it up when in a good rhythm - something which he unfortunately hasn't displayed much of in this series.