• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Snicko's backing up Dar here, Nel went up straight away too so I reckon Vaughan got a tickle on that.

Stapel

International Regular
Cricinfo sucks a bit now.

-Why did Strauss step on his castle? Cramped for room? Just being stupid? What???
-Did Vaughan nick it or not?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair play if it was a fair decision. I'm only going off what I read on here and cricinfo today.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cricinfo sucks a bit now.

-Why did Strauss step on his castle? Cramped for room? Just being stupid? What???
-Did Vaughan nick it or not?
Think we can now fairly safely say yes; Strauss was just an awful stroke. Never should be that far back.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why England need as much batting as they can cram into their XI.

England are getting savaged by umpiring this series especially considering they're the home side.

Some are saying it was out and some not out. Which is it?
How is it relevant whether they are the home side or not given its neutral umpiring?

tooextracool

International Coach
Steulen said:
Pretty conclusive for mine. Vaughan nicked it, excellent decision. Stop whinging
Conclusive? Since when has Snicko been conclusive on anything? Im sorry but the 2 people closest to the bat (Vaughan and Boucher) didnt seem to think that there was bat on that, and Im inclined to go by their account. Its decisions like these that make the fact that Vaughan opted not to use the referral system at the start of the series even more of a farce. Its even more annoying that Nel has bowled absolute garbage and still has 2 wickets.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty conclusive for mine. Vaughan nicked it, excellent decision. Stop whinging :)
Indeed. Hopefully most people will.

My first reaction was erroneous decision, but the considered evidence suggests otherwise. Well bowled Nella on that occasion. Got lucky with the Strauss dismissal, but that was an excellent ball.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, the end of the session approaches and I guess on the current balance you have to give it to South Africa. The two most experienced batsmen back in the hatch before lunch is probably what you want.

We might as well just start Pietersen batting at three from now on

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen gone as well!

Haha, confusion over whether it's caught or lbw. Either way, it's undoubtedly out.