• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I always get the idea Kallis has been underused as a bowler. I'm not sure about this: How often did he bowl in the beginning of his test career?

Another point: Kallis' batting average is nearly double his bowling average (56.28 & 31.51). Flintoff's batting average are roughly the same (32.41 & 32.4).

I guess it's easy to rate Kallis way over Flintoff.....
Firstly, I'm not saying Flintoff=Kallis, hope noone thinks that. And nor am I saying that Kallis shouldn't be classed as an all-rounder. It's just that many people seem to think Flintoff ain't even a bowling all-rounder and I think it's a joke.

As for Kallis's bowling being underused, you can say the same about Flintoff's batting. Stupid umpires don't give him enough chances :ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, not the first time this has happened this season, went out to pick someone up on none down, came back and two wickets gone.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If it was indeed a shocker, that's two out of form batsmen the umpires have sawn off this series. Vaughan needs runs and quickly, his place in the side has to be questioned at this point.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is why England need as much batting as they can cram into their XI.

England are getting savaged by umpiring this series especially considering they're the home side.

Some are saying it was out and some not out. Which is it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stinker was it?
Looks that way. Appeal wasn't 100% convincing, nothing on HotSpot, Snicko however shows a noise. Not an edge-y noise. But bat was nowhere near pad, so looks like there was a nick there.

My first thought was there was a noise - which there was. And I can't see what a noise would've been other than the nick.