• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd just like to see Oram clear the ropes a few times today, like we all know he can.

Not much point just trying to stay there.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I'd just like to see Oram clear the ropes a few times today, like we all know he can.

Not much point just trying to stay there.
Oram most of the time in test matches, he ties himself down and play very slow cricket. He doesnt even bother to hit a easy scoring ball sometimes. In the process he will give away his wicket for a good ball.... at the end he will end up with 20 runs in 90 balls... or something like that....

Instead he can bat his normal game.. thats more good for the team now

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Really, you think people would have learned there lesson after the "season of a thousand openers" back in 05/06. Taylor is a rare talent. Why on earth would you put him in a position that he's never played in (at any level), when his technique doesn't suit it and he's shown strong results further down the order?
????

You realise Taylor has played the vast majority of his First Class Cricket at no.3?

He only started going down the order when he came into the Black Caps. Infact he was quite uncomfortable with the positional changes in the Black Caps set up for awhile.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
I don't understand this hatred for Flynn. I opposed his selection at first, but he's impressed me.
Yeah same here. I actually think he looks the most comfortable out there out of all our top 6 batsmen. McCullum and Taylor you always feel will give chances, while Flynn has been pretty damn solid.

Also really liking How's improvement ATM. Needs a big score of course, but he's been doing bloody well at the top of the order and looks very organised.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nah, if he was on 80ish then it wasn't me. I was there for his 200, but not the 1st hundred. Had to listen to the 1st day on the radio on the way down to Wellington.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, if he was on 80ish then it wasn't me. I was there for his 200, but not the 1st hundred. Had to listen to the 1st day on the radio on the way down to Wellington.
Yeah that was on the first day. So if that last word actually was "today" and not "mate" or "bay" or something, then his call was actually slightly wrong. Fair effort nonetheless...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
????

You realise Taylor has played the vast majority of his First Class Cricket at no.3?

He only started going down the order when he came into the Black Caps. Infact he was quite uncomfortable with the positional changes in the Black Caps set up for awhile.
I think poor chap Bahnz was not knowing that...

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Didn't Taylor get dropped when he was batting at 3 for us in the South African tour? Bah, that tour is best remembered for Craig Cummings' facial. Sadly.

Hopefully this tour we don't remember Flynn for the same reason. (Hint: Go on son, make ND proud!)

Edit:

Is there enough room in the ODI side for Flynn btw?

Flem274*

123/5
Taylor bats at three in domestic one day cricket however in FC cricket he is either at four or five. Sinclair bats at three.

Flynn has been impressive, even if his selection was controversial. He'll probably bat at seven in the ODIs.

As for Hopkins being better than Flynn, I highly doubt it. Hopkins is a bit of a Paul Nixon: tough as nails and can score a fifty on occassion, generally because he's really needed, but top 6 material he is not.

What I like about the batting atm is the competition for places. Redmond, How, Fulton, Taylor, Ryder, Flynn and Hay all have strong cases for selection. It gets better when Styris is added to the list of batsmen to choose from in ODIs. Hopefully this competition will cause a few to rise above the rest and secure their spots with consistent runs because Fulton, Ryder and Hay are breathing down the necks of our current top six. That will probably work out to be a good thing.

Isura

U19 Captain
That was a decent interview with Hadlee. It's interesting that he claims he needed 4-5 FC matches before being in proper form. Test bowlers today rarely get that kind of preparation. This could explain the rather dire state of fast bowling. Hadlee also rated Imran the best all-rounder.

Flem274*

123/5
That was a decent interview with Hadlee. It's interesting that he claims he needed 4-5 FC matches before being in proper form. Test bowlers today rarely get that kind of preparation. This could explain the rather dire state of fast bowling. Hadlee also rated Imran the best all-rounder.
Interesting. Where was the interview?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We had it broadcast at Lunch on Friday, IIRR. May've been some other time however. I presume it was conducted by BSkyB, as it was one of their crew doing the interviewing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was Atherton, right - thought that was he, but couldn't remember for sure.

Well some more news on the Sidebottom-How stuff - apparently How said something to Sidebottom first. Glad to hear that, as until now I was thinking the same as pretty much everyone else seemed to be, ie that Sidebottom was going OTT.

BTW, skies are bright today, meaning it'll presumably be over today.