• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I could have certainly copped him edging that, but a top order Test batsman shouldn't get bowled like that. It's not so much the fact that he got out to it, but the way he tried to play it. If you can't at least have some idea of how to keep out the good ones, you don't belong.
It was a bad shot, but a good shot wouldn't have saved him from dismissal.

99*

International Debutant
Before I go to bed I'll give some predictions:

1- How and McCullum will stay unbeaten for the day, both will reach triple figures, possible 200's. (wishful)

2- McCullum will start blasting around tea, get a quick 50-60ish then get out. (maybe)

3- NZ 150 a/o. Follow on. (Odds on favourite)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sidebottom's being left too often again. And not much sign of swing, unless TMS have missed it.
Nah, it is swinging, but not as much as you'd hope (and Sidebottom would). Hence him being left lots.

McCullum bowled again!!!!!!!!!!! Repeat performance!!!!

99*

International Debutant
Before I go to bed I'll give some predictions:

1- How and McCullum will stay unbeaten for the day, both will reach triple figures, possible 200's. (wishful)
2- McCullum will start blasting around tea, get a quick 50-60ish then get out. (maybe)

3- NZ 150 a/o. Follow on. (Odds on favourite)
Two down.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

WAG.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I could have certainly copped him edging that, but a top order Test batsman shouldn't get bowled like that. It's not so much the fact that he got out to it, but the way he tried to play it. If you can't at least have some idea of how to keep out the good ones, you don't belong.
It was a bad shot, but a good shot wouldn't have saved him from dismissal.
Actually, no, change of tune. That's two batsmen, totally different in every way possible, who've both been bowled trying to hit massive outswingers to leg. Trying to hit them to leg is the only thing that makes sense.

Sometimes you just have to give bowlers credit, because you can't defend balls that are on line to barely hit leg.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Trouble is, when you move the number-three up, he becomes "other opener" and you're back to square-one.
The keyword is PRETEND!
Even if he was in the side as a NUMBER 3, he is still gonna be in the middle within the 1st 5 overs.

I repeat.
All out for 69.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is Anderson swinging it significantly more than Sidebottom?
It's all sorts of things - he's pitching a bit fuller, he's a lower trajectory, it's going a bit later for him, and he's a few mph quicker.

Don't think it's particularly more swing, just different.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

WAG.
Come back to me after Smith gives him a pasting again.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's all sorts of things - he's pitching a bit fuller, he's a lower trajectory, it's going a bit later for him, and he's a few mph quicker.

Don't think it's particularly more swing, just different.
Boycs is talking about SB now, making the same point that he's not bowled nearly as well this summer as in NZ.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Boycs is talking about SB now, making the same point that he's not bowled nearly as well this summer as in NZ.
Bowled OK at Lord's for my money, even though most of his wickets were tailenders.

I'm not too worried - yet.